“Going again next year!”
Review of 85 Exeter Street

85 Exeter Street
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salisbury
85 Exeter Street
Ranked #41 of 57 Salisbury B&B and Inns
North West
“Going again next year!”
Reviewed March 25, 2009

Susan provides a welcome that continues in its warmth for the length of your stay. She has a wide range of cultural, artistic and historical interests and an extensive knowledge of and pride in Salisbury - deservedly so. She is more than ready to share these interests and these provide the bases of stimulating conversations. Equally, she respects those less inclined to such engagement. Her home is lovely. I felt I was living, rather than travelling, in England for a brief interlude.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HereOrThere7

Edinburgh
Reviewed October 27, 2008

Disappointing, when we arrived you couldn't get parked, double yellow lines everywhere, the road was extremely busy. We were shown into a dull lifeless room where we were told to wait. The double bedroom on the first floor was fine, but the twin room that I had booked, was small and only a single bed in it! Obviously I had asked for a twin when booking and was confronted with a single. The lady then preceded to get another bed out from underneath, the room was adequate as a single but not as a twin, one could hardly move. We informed the lady we were disappointed, having booked two nights we decided to stay one as the room was so tiny. We went out for dinner and when we arrived back, the lady demanded payment, when we paid with Scottish notes which are legal tender she refused to accept them. It was an extremely uncomfortable situation, so we decided to leave without breakfast the next morning, having settled the bill the evening before with English notes!

• Liked — Leaving!
  • Disliked — Realising I had made a mistake in booking it when I arrived.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank Saroko
ExSt, Owner at 85 Exeter Street, responded to this review, February 20, 2009
I remember these guests well: two elderly sisters and their mother, who repeatedly stated her age as 92. For that reason only I allowed them to stay, despite their unceasing complaints and utterly offensive comments. I offered to find them somewhere more to their taste and they declined. I now regret not insisting they leave immediately, they were clearly out of their depth and had no idea of how to behave. I am so glad they will not recommend me to their friends, we would not have anything in common. Plainly no Tripadvisor correspondent has agreed with this review and it has certainly not affected my bookings or testamonials elsewhere.