“Exceptional and generous hospitality”
Review of Victoria Lodge

Victoria Lodge
Victoria Lodge
Ranked #29 of 57 Salisbury B&B and Inns
Hyderabad, India
“Exceptional and generous hospitality”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I'm from India and stayed in Victoria lodge for a month(Dec'2011) on a business trip. Initially, I never thought that I am going to stay in a lodge for such a long stretch but it happens only due to the exceptional generocity of Victoria Lodge Management(VLM). Being a pure vegetarian, It was a big hardship to me to get my food while in Salisbury. However, It was no more a hardship when I joined in VL. Hence, I should really thank to VLM who allowed me to use their kitchen to cook rice. In a cut-short, I would say I never felt I was out of hometown when they shower the amicable relationship.

And coming to service and support are amazing and appreciated. I would always recommend VL to all who are visiting the Lavish Landscapes of Salisbury on any sort of trip.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This was a one night stop over. The very warm welcome by the lady at reception was great. Our room was a twin with two very comfortable beds. It location was a ten minute walk from Salisbury town centre and all the shops and things of interest. The room had tea, coffee and all the making. One thing I didn't like was the type of cowboy doors between the bathroom and the bedroom. I didn't like that idea. The morning saw a very happy lady serving the breakfast. Everything was going well until we found that the milk for our tea on the table was off and my poached eggs were hard. Other than that it was an enjoyable stay and would stay again.

Room Tip: The location of the building was on a hill and therefore above traffic. I would say that any room wo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Stayed recently for business, it was a reasonable location (only a short walk into the centre). The building was quite dated, however the staff were very friendly and very polite. The room was basic, but very clean, however the road traffic noise was very loud and started with HGV's passing just before 6am and continuing throughout the morning. Breakfast was reasonable value for money, however I did find a few hairs in my cooked breakfast, which the staff were most apologetic for.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms on the main road, unless you like very very early starts in the morning.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Steyning
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I recently organised a group trip to Salisbury and for 18 people and I chose the Victoria Lodge as our base. Carole & Bryan along with their staff could not of been more helpful and welcoming. Although we had a British damp weekend of weather we had a lovely warm place to return to after our days out. The rooms were clean and comfortable (excellent value for the price); astonishing breakfast - all freshly cooked to order with superb waitress service.
The establishment itself is brilliantly placed for visiting Salisbury on foot - only 15 minutes walk to the town centre and on the outskirts for travelling to local tourist sites - Old Sarum, Stonehenge etc. I would strongly recommend this B&B

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank EMGSteyning
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Excellent service throughout our stay. Breakfasts contained very best ingredients, and were well cooked & presented. The Lodge staff were friendly and helpful and dealt with us very well. Packed lunches were good and very welcome. Rooms were warm and comfortable. Well placed for visits to the city centre. Recommended.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Eastbourne
Reviewed April 25, 2012

My stay in Salisbury at the Victoria Lodge can only be judged as faultness - The location spot on , easy to get in and out of Salisbury - the car park very good size . My room was clean and warm and welcoming - the shower 'room' was excellent - the breakfast was huge ( if you required everything on offer ) and I would certainly recommend and look forward to my next visit to Wiltshire .

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dorset, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Have just spent our third weekend here (in 18 months) and having looked at TripAdvisor decided to add our comments to those already posted. As stated elsewhere it is very convenient for the town centre - about a 10 minute walk, a few minutes by bus and there is also a useful sized car park. We have had different rooms on each occasion and they have all been clean, good sized and warm. The bed linen is new - and I would hazard a guess that the beds are also. So far, all very good. What makes the difference we thought though was the cheery welcome we had a breakfast with what seemed a genuine interest in how we had slept (very well) if we had enjoyed our evening out (we had) and what we had planned for that day (seat of pants really). Breakfast itself is substantial if you want it to be - and light if you don't. I get the impression that nothing would be too much trouble for this place - you just have to ask. Well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Ask for room seven if you are long legged - fantastic bed.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends