“Salisbury, Stonehenge and Bath”

Salisbury & Stonehenge Guided Tours
Ranked #1 of 19 Tours in Salisbury
More attraction details
Owner description: Hi. My name is Pat Shelley and I provide tours in and around the Stonehenge area. I take you on an exploration of the many sites which help to explain what Stonehenge may have been about across some beautiful countryside. Many people come back again with other members of their family or on the recommendation of friends. We can help out with transfers and travel arrangements to make your travel plans as smooth as possible. I look forward to meeting you.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Graham was a 1st class guide and was thoroughly knowledgeable, interesting, professional and polite. Graham handled the only two rude and inconsiderate people on the tour with professionalism, politely, quickly into the tour and with ease. Andy was a great driver. One of the outside windows smashed due to lorry carring rubble going by too quickly and closely and something fell off and hit the window. They together cleared the smashed glass away to and for our salfety with no dramas and quickly resulting in no delay to and or for us. Despite the awful weather my aunt, her sister from South Africa and I had a wonserful day and it was due to them both. I would and am recommending Golden Tours to others and I will use them again as they are and were excellent.

3  Thank Denise01_13

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Do it!! Pat is the best guide ever - he brings Stonehenge to life.
We were a group of x7 girls who booked it as an activity for a hen weekend - even those of us who were just coming along for the bride absolutely loved it! Pat is a funny, interesting, knowledgeable, kind, down to earth person and his enthusiasm about his subject is contagious. Well worth every penny it was a magical trip!

2  Thank Lizzyleith
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I cannot thank my travel agent enough for bringing Pat to my mother, son, and myself. While maybe 10 people were allowed inside the ring of Stonehenge, we were the only ones with Pat....and he gave us the most informative, memorable, and inspiring 60 minutes I've received on a tour. And I'm a veteran tour taker. Pat made the site accessible to my 8 year old son, who seemed to absorb every detail that Pat gave, and hasn't stopped talking about Stonehenge or Pat in the past 24 hours. My wheelchair-bound mother was placed in the perfect positions to get the most out of everything Pat had to share as he made sure she was in the right place and facing the right way to appreciate each detail. I cannot imagine how fortunate we were to be with Pat for that hour. WHEN I return to Stonehenge and hopefully the surrounding features, I will certainly plan my trip around Pat's availability! Cheers and good health, Pat!

1  Thank AdamRagingSquirrel
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We took Day Tour #2 to Bath, Lacock, and Stonehenge. Very convienent pickup at at least 6 locations in downtown London. Our driver/tour guide was very knowledgeable. He had history/facts almost every minute of the tour. If you prefer to sleep and not pay attention, do not go on this tour. If you like to know details about where you are going or what you are going to see, this is the trip for you.
The first stop was in a small town Lacock which is traditionally used for films like Harry Potter and The Other Boleyn Girl. Just a quick stop. Then we drove through the "other" Stonehenge just because we had time.
Next stop was Bath. The guide sets up everything so you just enter that thermal bath area and use the audio tour. Then you have free time for lunch.
Last stop was Stone Henge. Yes, it is just a pile of rocks, but it is worth seeing.
All of these stops would have just been "ok" if it werent for the details provided by our guide.
I highly recommend this tour.

4  Thank lambertcw
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We have traveled around the world and this is very possibly the best tour my husband or I have been on. We are now spoiled for the rest of our lives and Pat has set the bar for all tours to come. Thank you Pat for a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience.

1  Thank Dianne M
neomanSalisbury, Owner at Salisbury & Stonehenge Guided Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thanks Dianne, I'm glad you both enjoyed the tour. Being cloned sounds like great fun! Hope you will be able to explore more of this beautiful area with us sometime. Kind Regards, Pat