“Pat Shelley rocks Stonehenge”

Salisbury & Stonehenge Guided Tours
Ranked #1 of 20 Tours in Salisbury
More attraction details
Owner description: Hi. My name is Pat Shelley and I provide tours in and around the Stonehenge area. I take you on an exploration of the many sites which help to explain what Stonehenge may have been about across some beautiful countryside. Many people come back again with other members of their family or on the recommendation of friends. We can help out with transfers and travel arrangements to make your travel plans as smooth as possible. I look forward to meeting you.
Reviewed December 22, 2012

One of the best guided tours we've ever had. Pat is personable, seriously fun and entertainingly educational. From snippets of local history and celebrity gossip to to the pre-hisorical findings of Stonehenge & local sites, Pat provides it all. He even has great recommendations for where to catch dinner after the tour. The hi-lite of the tour was of course the up-close and personal time among the standing stones of Stonehenge. Pat's tour is well worth adding to your itinerary and my husband & I routinely recommend Pat to anyone traveling in the area. We also appreciated the information about castles worth visiting during our travels in Wales. Pat definitely shares his passion for, and knowledge of the history of the area. In short a brilliant experience!!

2  Thank Olympictravelers
There are newer reviews for Salisbury & Stonehenge Guided Tours

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Wowee! Well you haven't seen Stonehenge until you go with Pat! It made my previous visit earlier in the year pale in comparison. Pat makes the Stones come alive. This is a personal tour and the groups are small – about 6 people. This is the ONLY way you want to see Stonehenge where you can walk among them and learn about them – not behind a wire fence with hoards of people. The tour followed the path of the ancients into the inner circle. Walking on the avenue towards Stonehenge was a wonderful experience and seeing this amazing monument the way our ancestors would have seen it. The tour included Wood henge, The Cursus, Durrington Falls and the Avenue that leads to Stonehenge. Pat has an exceptional talent for presentation and a deep knowledge of archaeology having participated in digs and research. He has a wonderful sense of humour and warm personality and engages fully with the group. This tour was extra special and I carry the fondest of memories for this magical day at sunrise. The other 5 people on the trip were great ... the two Liverpool guys .. it was great to meet you! Yes, we got to see where Sting Lives! haha!. Thankyou Pat -- you Do rock ..... it was the BEST day ever!
Visited 7 Dec, 12
From Australia

1  Thank Elita00
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This was an amazing experience. I took the Special Tour within Stonehenge. We started at Stonehenge, and then went to the nearby barrows, the Cursus, the Avenue, Woodhenge, and Durrington Walls. Pat not only had insightful information about all of the monuments, but knows about - and sometimes has been a part of - all of the current theories, digs, and research. This was also very very fun.

1  Thank tinyredwarrior
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I went on the Stonehenge tour on Friday 7th December with Pat. The perfect guide , he is enthusiastic , knowledgeable and funny , a great combination. I also now know where Sting lives !
Thanks again Pat for such a memorable day.

1  Thank Paul W
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We recently took Pats tour of both Salisbury & Stonehenge. We have 3 teenagers & thought that there was a strong possibility that they were going to be under whelmed, by what can be described as huge stones in a field, especially on a chilly November morning. What we got was a fascinating insight to the history of Stonehenge. Pat really knows his stuff & his enthusiasm was infectious.
Our tour of Salisbury was equally interesting. We would have missed so much without Pat's expert information. If you want to get the best of your visit I would recommend you take Pats tours.

2  Thank Jude C
neomanSalisbury, Owner at Salisbury & Stonehenge Guided Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Hi Jude,

It was great to meet you all and I'm glad you all had a good time. There's so much more to Stonehenge than just the stones themselves so thanks for taking the time to explore the area. Seasons greetings and best wishes,

Pat