“Rather dull”

ASK Italian - Salisbury
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Found close to the St Thomas & St Edmunds Church in the heart of historic Salisbury, this ASK Italian restaurant has recently gone through an extensive refurbishment. We've created a restaurant with a distinctive new look inspired by modern Italian design. And with the help of our expert friends, including awarding-winning chef Theo Randall, we've created a menu that features a range of simple, classic Italian food and an all Italian wine list.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Have not been to this Ask for a while and on arrival noted it has been revamped . Rather cold and bare and almost empty on a Saturday night.took 20 mins for drinks to arrive followed shortly by the unexciting food. Rustic chips is translated as burnt. A bolognaise was dull and my daughter said she likes mine better. My chicken dish was tasteless and served in a bowl, tricky when using knife and fork, the spinage it was supposed to come with was cabbage in disguise.the meatballs in pasta looked dried up and microwaved. Shall I go on ..... Staff tried their best .. Also worth mentioning the stairs to the toilets are like a very steep mountain which were greasy underfoot.an accident waiting to happen. Glad I had vouchers to redeem on this visit and did not pay for an average evening.

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Food here is ok but the service is so slow. The poor staff always look rushed off their feet which makes the dining experience feel a little harassed and the music is so loud and constantly on repeat that it made our conversation very difficult.

It's a shame as we were looking for a regular place for business functions.

There are much better restauants elsewhere.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

When we placed our order, the waiter said, and I quote "can you say that again, that went in one ear and out the other" . Not a very good start to the evening. Then when i was only half way through my starter he bought iut our main meal. We poiinted outt that i was still eating and he said "that ok the plates are hot". My friend asked for a bit more spinach in her main meal and instead of wilting and adding it to her ravioli, he plonked a bowl of uncooked spinach on the table. My friend pointed out to him that the service and his attitude was awful, he really didn't care and said he was dyslectic. Well I'm sorry about that but being dyslectic dose not make you rude! We eat out alot and can honestly say, have never had such an awful experience. Won't be going back!!

3  Thank Mrs_Lawrence
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went here for lunch with three friends. We did not know immediately what we wanted so the waiter said he would give us a few more minutes. We then sat for ages before our order was finally taken! The food was as good as usual but again we waited ages for the table to be cleared. We were presented with dessert menus and decided to just have coffee but the waiter never returned and our parking tickets were running out so we had to leave without the coffee. The staff appeared very stressed and unable to cope, despite the restaurant being only half full. Paying the bill was another painful ordeal which took about 10 minutes as there was a couple in front of us and the waiter was obviously quite confused. The restaurant was very noisy and the sounds were echoing terribly making it very hard to have any conversation without shouting. Overall a very disappointing experience.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I am always welcomed with a smile when I go there and they smile and they pay attention to my need and they don't stand around and chat among themselves. Food is consistantly good