“Dinner for Four”

ASK Italian - Salisbury
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Found close to the St Thomas & St Edmunds Church in the heart of historic Salisbury, this ASK Italian restaurant has recently gone through an extensive refurbishment. We've created a restaurant with a distinctive new look inspired by modern Italian design. And with the help of our expert friends, including awarding-winning chef Theo Randall, we've created a menu that features a range of simple, classic Italian food and an all Italian wine list.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Dinner for Four”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Needed a cheap and cheerful when returning from a holiday in Turkey as the money was tight.

I was pleasantly surprised as I do find the chain is very hit and miss. (Newcastle-Upon-Tyne is a gogo but Newbury-Berks is to be avoided like the Plague)

The menu has changed since my last visit and their new Rosemary and Seasalt bread with olive tapenade was a great start to the meal. I had their Lasagne and it's not too dissimilar to one I'd make at home. The béchamel could have been seasoned a little more but the again I enjoyed it but had filled up a little on the bread starter so couldn't finish it. Its nice that they serve it with a small salad too.

Drinks - Try their soft 'Sparkling Fruit juice' hit the spot on a hot summer day.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank AngelOnYourShoulder

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Mothers day...”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Visited ASK as a treat for my mother this year, she loved it, the staff kept my brother entertained even though they didnt have too, and i thought that was lovely, great atmosphere, lovely staff and great food.

Visited March 2012
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Never place a takeaway order”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Nothing but unreliable. Never accept the order on a weekend go to pizza express they will happily take your order no matter how busy they are! Plus its cheaper and tastes better. Nothing but rude over the phone they don't seem to grasp basic customer service

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank pierstaberham
Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
“quick, tasty italian meal!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We went to Ask Italian as we had some Tesco clubcard vouchers. Ask's menu seemed quite interesting so we decided to spend our vouchers there. First thing we liked - open kitchen - you can see how they make you meal. Thing we did not like - interior, quite poor and we assumed the roof was leaking as they had some buckets placed on the floor.
The waiter who was serving us was cheerful and helpful and nothing seemed to be too much effort for her. We decided to share a starter for 2 which is priced at £11. This was not a big portion and I would not reccomend ordering it, however the mains were really good. My spicy ragu was really spicy and perfectly cooked. Another thing we really apreciated was that they did grate our parmesan fresh at the table instead of just sprinkling some ready made grates in the kitchen.
If you need a quick, tasty meal - i would highly recommend this place, but for a romantic dinner I would try somewhere else.

• Visited June 2012
UK
“Tasty Meal with Great Value Coupon”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We rather make it a rule that if we're eating at a chain restaurant we look for a coupon these days. On the basis of buying one main course and getting the other for £2 this was a good value meal. Full price I would not say the same.

I had the fish which, as the most expensive item on the menu, was tasty and filling. My dining partner also enjoyed her pasta very much. The starter was incorrect, however we did not wish to complain and was fine. The server was very friendly and smiled, however perhaps the English was not quite quick enough, leading to the misorder?

We sat by the window and the paintwork is looking poor, and I am sure I caught a couple of whiffs of damp.

Overall a pleasant evening with tasty enough Italian food. We weren't rushed and were greeted and bade farewell as we left. Perfectly fine.

• Visited June 2012