“not a surprise really”

ASK Italian - Salisbury
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Found close to the St Thomas & St Edmunds Church in the heart of historic Salisbury, this ASK Italian restaurant has recently gone through an extensive refurbishment. We've created a restaurant with a distinctive new look inspired by modern Italian design. And with the help of our expert friends, including awarding-winning chef Theo Randall, we've created a menu that features a range of simple, classic Italian food and an all Italian wine list.
Reviewed May 15, 2012

These types of restaurant have only so long before they drop their quality. The food is bland and very slow to arrive even though it was not busy. The plus was the girl who served was very pleasant and really tried to make it a good evening

Reviewed March 23, 2012

We have been to many other restaurants in Salisbury, but found the staff in this one to be the best. Helpful, friendly without being in your face. Nothing was too much trouble.
Good well presented food was served piping hot and in a timely manner.
One word of criticism which most restaurants can't get right was the salad, the lettuce was going brown.
No annoying music in the background so you could have a nice relaxing meal without shouting across the table.
We will be going back.

1  Thank LadyFranklyn
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We had fantastic service from the one waiter who seemed to be running the whole show while two others floated around not really achieving much. Pizzas were nothing special & a cold mozzarella topping on top of hot ones seemed to miss the mark. Waiting for our dessert order to appear took so long the waiter actually apologised & didn't charge for them & that was without complaining! Not going back to Salisbury In a hurry for a pizza.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

I once went to ASK in Leeds and it was a great experience so expected the same in this one. Sadly it was not to be as the food and service was well meaning but mediocre. For example they served the starter and main together as two seperate waiters got confused between them. The pasta I ordered was not what was on my plate and they claimed not to have noticed when I pointed it out. In saying that my wife's pizza was well made and delicious.
It is in an old building and although that was nice they hard rather brashly modernised the interior. It was also a cold night both outdoors and inside the restaurant.
If you do not expect too much and like pizzas this will be OK

Reviewed January 3, 2012

I visited ASK tonight with my husband and two children. It was our first time there and will be our last.
My husband and I both had the classic brushetta followed by linguine vongole, and the children had carbonara and spaghetti pomodoro.
The children where given crudities to start, which where soggy cucumber and dried carrot sticks, in an old chipped and cracked pot!!
My sons carbonara was so thick with grease it separated in the dish, he promptly vomited it up in the car on the way home.
My husband and I have both had the squits (sorry to offend) and have stomach pains so this looks like a great night in the toilet ahead!!
I witnessed two other diners sending food back whilst in there, one lady had found something in her food, there where only 5 tables being used!!
I am absolutely disgusted by this place and the food they served to us tonight, how people have rated it as good is beyond me, maybe they are used to eating in McDonalds or KFC!!
I will be in touch with the manager tomorrow.

2  Thank mrscooper4eva