“Great food, friendly staff”
Review of Greengages Cafe

Greengages Cafe
Ranked #1 of 23 Coffee & Tea in Salisbury
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A home from home place to come and enjoy a relaxing cup of coffee or a hearty, freshly cooked meal.Opening hours:- Mon-fri 8.00Am-5.30Pm,sat 8.00Am-5.00Pm. Food served from 8.30Am-4.Oopm daily.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, friendly staff”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Went for a wander from my hotel, and this was the first place that caught my eye. Staff were very friendly, my omlette was delicious. The fact that I was the only customer in there for my whole meal, prompted me to write a review. Get down there :)

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Salisbury's hidden gem”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have been to many places in Salisbury for lunch, and only 2 months ago did I stumble across Greengages. I have since been back several times due to the fantastic food and very friendly staff. I would highly recommend their sandwiches, particularly the steak baguette which I thoroughly enjoyed with my pink lemonade. This restaurant is very well run by the lovely owners, just what Salisbury needs.

Visited October 2012
Salisbury
“A Treat”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Working near Greengages I have seen it change hands many times. Now though it's one of Salisburys little treasures. There is nothing like a Steak and Blue Cheese baguette to get you through the day. I would recommend the friendly atmosphere and wonderful food. Honestly every time I have seen people leave they are always smiling :) Well done..

reading
“The sad demise of a unique cafe”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I used to love going here on visits to Salisbury but it has turned into a clone and had an identical menu to about 3 other pubs and cafes nearby. I am sure the building is still very attractive . It may be good if you want gluten free /taste free food but I preferred the old style roasts and other meals I suppose it now caters for veggie fatfree crowd not my kind of place at all

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank kidsplusmum
uk
“Best in Salisbury.”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We wandered into Greengages last Saturday for the first time and we are so glad we did! Although there are a few other eateries opening in Salisbury, this one is by far my favourite. The service was friendly and attentive, the coffee was superb (the perfect strength), and the food was top notch. As we sat there, it was obvious from the conversations around us that many of the customers were re-visiting Greengages and this place was a regular stop off for them, a very good indication of quality in my book.
I can completely recommend Greengages for a tasty pit stop whilst shopping in Salisbury. There is no doubt we will be back very soon!