I agree with all that is said about the setting and I loved the deco and the unique room. The owners were friendly and helpful with regard to advice about the local area. However considering it was by far the most I had ever paid for a B&B (we paid £300 for 2 nights), I thought the breakfast was ok - nothing special and was really put off by the lack of toiletries in the bathroom - not even some guest soap on the sink (even the Travel Lodges provide that) and a horrible cheap family bottle of cheap shampoo and body wash. We did have coffee and tea but not a sniff of a biccy! It just seemed a little mean which is a shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set right inside Avebury's 5500 year old Stone Henge, The Lodge Avebury is a beautiful Queen Anne country house with splendid rooms overlooking the surrounding henge and stones. Vegetarian cooked breakfast, stunning views, wonderfully furnished rooms full of antiques and antiquarian prints, comfortable beds and powerful, hot showers or bathrooms. Bedrooms have additional heating, hairdryers, wi-fi etc. The Lodge has featured in television shows such as Children of The Stones, Trust me I'm a dealer and Three in bed and has featured in numerous Antique, Interiors and Style magazines. Room rate per night £175 double (two people sharing a room)and £140 single occupancy (one guest occupying the room) per night including breakfast. All bookings are inclusive of breakfast and both rooms overlook the henge and stones. The Lodge is a small independent Bed and Breakfast, established in 2003, endeavoring to offer private accommodation to Avebury's visitors. Internally, The Lodge remains a home, with separate Guest areas offering visitors a good level of privacy. The Lodge is a 100% non-smoking business and home and all bookings are made with VISA, Mastercard or Debit and PayPal. Parking is adjacent in the High Street car park and a free permit is given to guests on arrival. Check-out is by 10am on departure mornings and Guests are asked to take off muddy shoes before entering the property. Rooms have a variety of complimentary beverages and breakfast is served in the dining room overlooking the henge. Access to the Avebury stones, the henge and Avenues, West Kennet Longbarrow and the Ridgeway and Silbury Hill is free and open 24 hours a day. PLEASE NOTE: THE LODGE IS AN EXCLUSIVELY VEGETARIAN B&B AND DOES NOT SERVE MEAT PRODUCTS OF ANY KIND. THE LODGE AVEBURY - A VEGETARIAN BED & BREAKFAST IN AVEBURY - ESTABLISHED 2003. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Lodge Avebury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge Avebury Hotel Avebury
- The Lodge Avebury England