“Simply the best.”

Wagamama
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Description: Take advantage of the main shopping district which is only a few minutes walk from the restaurant, as well as the leeds market which attracts many tourists. We offer asian food inspired by the flavours of japan
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I am a recent convert to Wagamama and was delighted to find this one in Leeds. It is located just up the road from the railway station and is housed in what must have formally been a bank, given the huge strongroom doors in the basement by the loos.
The interior is exactly what you'd expect and as always is spotlessly clean. The staff team were outstanding, the best I have encountered... friendly, helpful and with superb product knowledge since there are new additions to the menu. I tried the new chicken miso salad and the chicken wraps... both were not only excellent but they demonstrate how well this restaurant group is managed. Well done Leeds... you are simply the best!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

It was very very nice. We were seated quickly although it was rather busy. The seating outside it beautiful and is very scenic. There is plenty of choice for Vegetarians and everything is really tasty. It is possibly my new favourite restaurant.

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Great find we have never been before. So gave it a try. Food all prepared fresh as you order. My wife and kids had chicken katsu with curry sauce. All plates cleared. I had a noodle dish can't remember the name with a side order of spicy squid amazing. Staff all very friendly with good knowledge of the menu.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I loved it. The staff were so helpful and the food was cooked to perfection :) I couldn't of had a better experience. Even though it was packed when I went! The staff treated me with such care and made sure me and my children had a great time. I would defiantly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I probably should have listened more intently to the waitress because she did (apparently) explain that at Wagamama the food won't arrive in the traditional way.

The list of what I assumed were starters at the beginning of the menu were not in fact starters but side dishes. So when my very nice side dish of chilli squid arrived, followed a few minutes later by my chicken curry main dish & my wife remained food less for a further 5-7 mins this was all normal.

I'm guessing but I think my wife's starter (sorry side dish) of chicken skewers arrived 20 mins after my squid dish & 5 mins after her chicken noodle soup.

Bit of a shame that I was a Wagamama virgin & didn't really understand the "free for all" food delivery concept. Not somewhere for a relaxed, chill out meal but food was nice.