“Wow...better than any Chinese.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Wagamama Leeds Park Row
Ranked #344 of 1,790 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Bradford UK
“Wow...better than any Chinese.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

First time at this restaurant chain. Well impressed. Great explanation of the menu and types of food and how it would be served. Helpful as the menu is extensive. Food was served quickly in a relaxed fashion. It comes when it is ready, so don't expect to get all your food at the same time. Glad our server explained this.
The food was a welcome change to the "gloppy" Chiense/Indian meals often served in restaurants.
The decor is modern with no frills or soft furnishings, don't expect to sit back in comfy seats as bench seats are used throughout.
A very young clientele made the restaurant alive and buzzing.
I enjoyed my noodle dish with beef and I'm looking forward to my next visit to try out more of this interesting menu.
£80 for a meal for 4 is an acceptable price for a central Leeds restaurant.

Leeds
“Very nice Japanese food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

I went there a couple of time, once with some friends and twice with my partner. When we are looking for good Japanese food and a quick and smooth service, this is usually where we head to.

I can't deny the food is a bit pricey, but the menu is a breath of fresh air if compared to other oriental restaurants as it features plenty of vegan dishes, fruit smoothes and very few alcoholic drinks. Dishes like the dick gyozas are definitely worth a try and if you're not a fan of noodles and fish, then you can choose amongst the several delicious curries on offer.

I discovered it thanks to some Japanese friends mine, who also valued the place really highly.

Service is fast and precise and if you don't mind being sat at a long wooden table next to strangers and have a very good Japanese meal, then this is the right place to go.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Good Menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

I enjoyed the food, and as I have a garlic allergy and my friend is gluten intolerant we were very impressed that they have a separate folder that they bring over telling you exactly what you can eat on the menu. It did take a while for our drinks to come, and personally I don't like sitting on benches it feels like a school dining hall sitting right next to a stranger, but then that is how the place is meant to be and just not to my personal taste.

Visited February 2012
Yorkshire UK
“Relaxed atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

Food and service was excellent, and we particularly liked the relaxed style and atmosphere reminiscent of times spent overseas. Will return soon.

• Visited April 2012
Leeds
“Has potential”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Was good when they launched now the food is very bland. My husband keeps dragging me back and every time we say never again. :(

Visited February 2012