“Poor food overpriced.”

Zizzi - Leeds The Light
Ranked #1,273 of 1,811 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Smack dab in the heart of Leeds’ city centre leisure complex, one of our newer Zizzis stands ready to greet you. Our designers pulled inspiration from the city’s strong roots in the textile and wool industry. There are colourful Knitted wool stools that have been inspired by the city where the material originated. \we’ve even had a bespoke textile designed by Luke Trybula which forms the upholstery of the central seating feature. It’s certainly a restaurant that turns heads.
west yorkshire
“Poor food overpriced.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

If your vegetarian their is nothing that will tickle your fancy. Seriously it was poor quality food and overpriced. The waiter got my order wrong then try to charge me extra for things I didn't have. Not impressed I wish I hD gone to maccies instead even they have a better range of veggie food. I think that tells you all.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“11/4hr wait for food with 3 kids. Not acceptable!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have just been to zizzi in the light for a post panto dinner with the my kids and nephew (10mths, 3 & 4), my sister, mum and mum in law. We arrived just before 5 and the restaurant was pretty empty. Having been seated straight away, we ordered quickly and received our starters (an antipasti to share and breadsticks for the kids) within a reasonable time. Brilliant. Unfortunately it all went down hill from there. We had to wait an hour and a quarter for our main courses to arrive!!! ridiculous. All around us we could see tables that arrived after us getting their food (I counted 7) We only got our food when we complained it had been so long. They told us it was because we had ordered starters, so our main course order went to the back of the queue! Maybe they should have warned us of that at the beginning. Regardless at no point during our wait did a anyone come and apologise or even see if we wanted anything while we waited. The manager did deduct the starters and kids meals, however the bill still came to £50 for three meals and soft drinks.

I would NEVER go back to Zizzi again. I would highly recommend families in particular avoid it unless you enjoy 2 hours of unnecessary stress!!

“ok Christmas meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

13 of us went for our staff Christmas meal. Service was ok. The waitress was a bit mean with the Prosecco but then redeemed herself when one of our party had to go home ill by arranging to cancel her pre-booked meal so that she didn't have to pay. The shared starter was excellent although the olives were placed on the meat causing a problem for the vegetarians. More were provided when asked for. The mains were nice but some of the desserts were ordinary. Altogether an alright experience but it wouldn't make me rush back.

leeds
“Like sitting in a building site”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

We love zizzi's and usually visit the one near the corn exchange but due to it being fully booked we opted for the one in the light...never again!!!... Poor service, dirty cutlery and crockery, the whole atmosphere was just noise and the restaurant feels like an unfinished building site!! Nothing like the usually cosy warm atmosphere that zizzi's usually offers... The food was great as ever and luckily we got served fast but the couple next to us who had been there before us were still waiting for their mains whilst we had 3 courses and ready to pay the bill!... Safe to say we won't be revisiting this particular restaurant again!

“Always good!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I eat here quite regularly as I always enjoy the food and the atmosphere. The staff are friendly and the environment is formal (isn) but comfortable and certainly not pretentious! The tapas menu is a wonderful idea...so many delicious little dishes! Keep up the good work

Visited October 2013