“Never again”

Ranked #568 of 1,974 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Smack dab in the heart of Leeds’ city centre leisure complex, one of our newer Zizzis stands ready to greet you. Our designers pulled inspiration from the city’s strong roots in the textile and wool industry. There are colourful Knitted wool stools that have been inspired by the city where the material originated. \we’ve even had a bespoke textile designed by Luke Trybula which forms the upholstery of the central seating feature. It’s certainly a restaurant that turns heads.
Reviewed January 7, 2013

visited the restaurant mid-week, very quiet and no atmosphere. ordered the food and watched the pizza chef making the food. The chef opened a plastic bag and dumped the content on my pizza, certainly NOT fresh, he also had some cheese stuck to his fingers and flicking them on my food. Pizza chef certainly not professional as he had the dough covered in flour so when he cooked the pizza ,the base was totally black and the burned flour made the plate coveredwith black bits. the edges were all burned and horrible. the only thing that I enjoyed was the bottled coke, even the Lemonade was bad.
NEVER AGAIN WOULD I VISIT ZIZZI.

2  Thank mehran k

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Having had a poor experience at Zizzi's near the Corn Exchange I visited the Light for a spot of lunch whilst Christmas shopping with my daughter, thinking maybe this restaurant would be better - wrong! The place was half empty yet the only two waiting staff seemed more concerned on clearing the dirty tables rather than looking after the customers already in there. The food was just average. We were sat near the doorway which was quite drafty and in essence should have asked to be moved. We noticed some tables to the side of the bar where a young man (not sure if he was a waiter about to start work or a friend of the staff there as they kept going over and chatting to him) was sat with a McDonalds take-away on the table and was happily munching away. I didnt think this set a good impression of Zizzi's and was really unprofessional to let someone sit in a restaurant with paying customers whilst eating a take-away from McDonalds - strange??? I have found both Zizzi's in Leeds very poor and will not be visiting again.

1  Thank LAJ49
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Have had a couple of meals here now, and both have been extremely average. It is conveniently located in the Light, so we have been here before going to the O2 Academy nearby. We had pizza - expect to pay about £10. For my taste, they are served under-done, so go cold quickly. I really don't like garlic so I usually read the menu carefully before ordering. I order a spicy calzone and was disappointed that it came smothered in garlic butter...no mention of that on the menu. If time was on my side, I probably would have said something. We waited ages for the table to be cleared and then another age for our waitress to come back to take the dessert order - they are £5+. Sadly, we had no time, so asked for the bill. In fairness, she was very apologetic about the wait.

Little things annoyed me - our waitress was busy but there seemed to be plenty of other staff walking about spinning trays on their hands. I don't mind waiting for service if a place is busy, but it was 6.45 on a Tuesday evening! No-one came back to check our food was OK. The place lacks atmosphere in general. There are plenty of other places in Leeds city centre for us to spend our hard earned cash in so probably won't be returning.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

The food was brilliant and there are things on the menu you wouldn't normally get in an italian (squid-ink pasta for example). I had the seafood risotto and panacotta for dessert which was fantastic! Will go again but not before trying other places. the only downfall was that someone had obviously called in sick so there was a long wait to get served and then more wait for the food to arrive. Will go on a quieter day next time.
Very accessible for parking as is underneath the building. Great access to cinema and bars to extend your night.

Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Me my friend went into zizzi last Friday and it was very busy we were greeted by the manage I think and shown to our table which was not to our taste so moved to a booth table much more pleasant our waiter was quick to ask us for drinks he was smartly presented I must say and easy on the eye looks Italian or Spanish but had a Yorkshire accent which we did expect very polite and help us to chose our meals as we we're not sure what to have the food arrive very quickly and was delicious I had the lamb and my friend had the rustica piccante we will defo be back for the food and for our waiter

1  Thank Jobogreen