“Very Good North African Food”
Review of Oranaise Cafe

Oranaise Cafe
Ranked #167 of 1,891 Restaurants in Leeds
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This place has good food and a relaxed atmosphere. They serve very good moroccan tea and deserts. Plus they were okay with us staying a while after our meal

2  Thank ashwin2s

Reviewed August 3, 2014

The food was really nice, especially the kofta meatball tagine. It was delivered hot and on time and, although the prices were a little expensive the 20% discount with hungerhouse for orders over £20 made it good value. Definitely recommend.

1  Thank LizzyGarcia
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We spotted this café-style restaurant going down the main road to Headingley (near Hyde Park pub - student land) and, since my daughter enthused about her mezze platter there, tried it out when visiting for her graduation. The décor is inviting and atmospheric - if seated downstairs ensure you also visit upstairs, where there's more N.african style seating and spices are stored fragrantly [good idea as the loo is also there!].

There was an ample menu and we all enjoyed our meals, whose portion sizes could only be criticised if at all for being too big. Favourite choices were the bourek and baba ganoush starters, the couscous royale and my wife loved (all) the baklava. I felt obliged to try Moroccan spicy hummous (as opposed to something I knew) but found it nothing special and I also felt that the tagine might have had more flavour to live up to previous experience, though I appreciated that they reduced the potato in mine for more vegetables (darned waistline!). There is also a good selection of soft drinks/teas (not all on their website, I think). Service was absolutely fine for our visit.

So, very enjoyable and I would return - but I think they could slightly ratchet up their game.

1  Thank Peter G
Reviewed July 21, 2014

L'Oranaise did the most wonderful North African food for my son,s wedding.All the family and friends who were there loved the food. The quality and selection of dishes was amazing and all the ingredients were fresh and cooked at the venue.A great deal of thought went into the north african decorations with pottery, crafts and beautiful lamps lighting the venue.much love and care went into everything and it really made my son and daughter-in laws day very special.The whole team from l,oranaise went above and beyond to make the food a special part of their wedding.

1  Thank kate k
Reviewed July 14, 2014

L'Oranaise did the catering for my son's wedding. It was a royal North African banquet of dishes cooked at the venue with fresh ingredients, tender and love. Lunch was a delightful selection of several tapas and dishes. The evening was a royal bbq. The whole event was enhanced with a display of North African crafts. We have eaten North African food all over the UK and Europe. L'Oranaise, by far, stands head and shoulder above all. L'Oranaise sources its spices and menues from North Africa. For fresh ingredients, they only use local fresh and high quality foods. Habib the manager and head cook is simply a 5* cook who cares about his dishes and customers. And he is a GREAT man!

1  Thank Musty2785