“Excellent Food & Good Value for Money”
Review of Oranaise Cafe

Oranaise Cafe
Ranked #122 of 1,982 Restaurants in Leeds
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I've visited this restaurant 3 times; twice as a three and once as a large group. On all occasions, the restaurant staff have been friendly and accommodating.

The food is predominantly Moroccan but there is most definitely a Mediterranean twist (such as the hummus starter). Even for those who don't like Moroccan, the burgers are good.

I recommend the couscous dishes (such as the lamb sausage one - see picture attached) as the flavours are immense. For drinks, do go for the tea - it is served up a in rustic pot!

The restaurant is small, which makes for a cosy atmosphere. There is a selection of Moroccan items decorating the place (many of which are up for sale) and depending on where you're sitting, there is a view over the Woodhouse Moor.

I highly recommend this restaurant if you're staying in the Hyde Park area of Leeds; you get high quality food at reasonable prices.

1  Thank Alexsouthgate

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have eaten in many north african and middle eastern restaurant in various parts in the UK. L'oranaise by far is the best and most genuine north african food that I have eaten. We found the place by accident whilst my daughter was at Leeds Uni. We popped in for a quick meal, only to discover that the food is exceptional good, genuine and true to North African cuisine. We have been back many times, and the quality remains consistently high. All of my friends who have tried the place have said the same thing. Now every time we are in the ares, we take time to pop in and enjoy the food

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Visiting my daughter in Leeds, having been there before she suggested this cafe.
We shared two mains and they were both delicious, the service was good and staff were very friendly and helpful.
Huge choice of desserts/cakes on display, made on the premises looked and tasted amazing!
Would definitely go back.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've wanted to go to this cafe-eaterie for a while . Finally went on a quiet Sunday teatime for my birthday with the family. Service was laid back and efficient, low lighting hiding the colourful decor. Food was plentiful and solid without being spectacular. We had special spicy flatbread with Harissa, tagine and charcoal chicken kebab, washed down with lemon, ginger & honey tea. Will go back to try the grilled meat.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I went with my wife after a recommendation from a friend and sincerely it was all worthy
The Mediterranean food is succulent the atmosphere is beautiful the sevice is golden all in a very cosy environnement must recommande it to everybody thanks to everyone at L'oranaise especially to the owner who is ver cheerful kind and helpful well done and see you very soon