“Good food but overpriced”

Casa Mia Chapel Allerton
Ranked #639 of 1,982 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The original Casa Mia lovingly named the "Coffee Shop" by owners Marta, Francesco and the Casa Mia team. Casa Mia can probably be all things to all people - cafebar, pasta bar, wine bar, delicatessen, takeaway, pizzeria or restaurant!Choose Casa Mia for an informal breakfast, coffee with mums and toddlers, lunch or dinner and experience the Italian 'cafe' atmosphere right here on your doorstep in Chapel Allerton.Once found it's a place that people return to time and time again! And when the sun shines, you could be anywhere ... Florence, Rome or Naples!If you don't fancy eating in, why not try the tempting array of pizzas and other dishes, which can be taken away.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We ate on a quiet afternoon and although the food was nice my wife and I felt that the wine and sweets were expensive for what they were.we also got fed up with some poor service which started with the wrong veg and then the push on your drinks.it would just be nice to see the waitress when you want her and not pestering you to buy more drinks.the sweets at£4.95 for a sliver of cake and then£1.25 for ball of ice cream which at that price should come with it.

Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

The food and drinks where just average.. The prices where ok, but the service was bad. The waiter was very abrupt, rude and unfriendly, there was a lack of please and thank you's and generally we just didn't feel welcome!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Had lunch here last week with my daughter.Couldnt decide where to eat,but we both love Italian food having lived in Florence for many years,and both of us being very good when it comes to Italian cuisine!We didnt have much time so seeing the sign outside two for one pasta we decided to give it a try.Almost inedible!!My lobster ravioli had no taste of anything let alone lobster my daughters dish was pretty much the same... defiantly not aldente!! The service was good ,surroundings ok,but we
discovered,a blackboard inside almost hidden away,with two choices of pasta which were two for one.Dont get me wrong I do not mind paying what ever for good food,but two plates of pasta a small glass of wine ,and an orange juice nearly forty pounds....your having a laugh!!!!The only Italian restaurant I would highly recommend in Leeds is Diva Pudsey!!!Sick of being ripped off!!

2  Thank LeedsBinty
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We have eaten here twice recently, once as a couple and once with friends. Casa Mia is intimate and cosy on a cold winter's night, the service has always been excellent and the food very good. My friend, who is a very fussy eater said her canneloni was the best she'd ever had and my baked aubergine with mozzarella, parmesan and tomatoes was delicious. It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for, and my only regret is that I'm not a sweet tooth as their dessserts look fabulous. Looking forward to another visit

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Really weird food here. Had pizza and risotto and both were made with a variety of ingredients all of which appeared to be good quality and fresh, not cheap crap, yet the end result was disappointing.

Pizza: barely any cheese, may as well have been a tomato bread as the base was uncooked and the dough squishy.

Risotto: SOOOOOOO much salt in it. Chef had obviously not tasted the dish, I normally add a lot of salt to my food but I didnt add any and it was still soo salty I couldn't eat it. Rice was overcooked and mushy and for some reason the whole dish seemed to have a weird gritty texture throughout.

Rip off at the prices they charge. Would have given a terrible but fr some reason I feel like we just caught them on an off day.

1  Thank JayJayBee123