“Ingredients good but still produce poor food?”

Casa Mia Chapel Allerton
Ranked #684 of 1,974 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The original Casa Mia lovingly named the "Coffee Shop" by owners Marta, Francesco and the Casa Mia team. Casa Mia can probably be all things to all people - cafebar, pasta bar, wine bar, delicatessen, takeaway, pizzeria or restaurant!Choose Casa Mia for an informal breakfast, coffee with mums and toddlers, lunch or dinner and experience the Italian 'cafe' atmosphere right here on your doorstep in Chapel Allerton.Once found it's a place that people return to time and time again! And when the sun shines, you could be anywhere ... Florence, Rome or Naples!If you don't fancy eating in, why not try the tempting array of pizzas and other dishes, which can be taken away.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Really weird food here. Had pizza and risotto and both were made with a variety of ingredients all of which appeared to be good quality and fresh, not cheap crap, yet the end result was disappointing.

Pizza: barely any cheese, may as well have been a tomato bread as the base was uncooked and the dough squishy.

Risotto: SOOOOOOO much salt in it. Chef had obviously not tasted the dish, I normally add a lot of salt to my food but I didnt add any and it was still soo salty I couldn't eat it. Rice was overcooked and mushy and for some reason the whole dish seemed to have a weird gritty texture throughout.

Rip off at the prices they charge. Would have given a terrible but fr some reason I feel like we just caught them on an off day.

1  Thank JayJayBee123

Reviewed January 20, 2013

A snowy Saturday, late afternoon, in Chapel Allerton anyway...should we go home and set off out later on for dinner....? We opted to eat early at Casa Mia. A nice warm restaurant with a warm welcome awaited us. Being early there were a couple of children's parties there which livened things up. We started with an average bottle of Pinot Grigio. My companion ordered the chicken & pasta 'special' which looked very 'beige' but was rated as being acceptable after a dousing with parmesan. My broccolli and cheese bake tasted a little as if the broccolli had been pre-cooked (?). It was OK though. The tiramisu which my companion had was declared to be rather lacking in the alcohol department. Coffee came with complimentary limoncello which was the best part of the meal really...fabulously lemony!!

1  Thank Allexie08
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Went last week pre-cinema. Two of us had stuffed mushrooms as a main course and were astounded to get one, not massive, stuffed mushroom. They could even have been £8.95 each! The owner of this place is a fool. How much would an extra mushroom cost? I doubt it would add 50p to the price of the meal. So rather than leave happy, all we could think about was the ridiculous price of a mushroom. And the owner's wife was serving so they can't say it was a mistake. I'm sure rents are expensive and staff costs are high but without customers they will go bust and on this showing it may not be long.

2  Thank debrart
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I been with a group of friends and we had 3 pizzas on the bill extra to pay. Bad service, poor food.

1  Thank Gaffcia
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We took our young daughter here for her birthday and the staff were fabulous, sang happy birthday and made a fuss. The childrens meals were great and really good value for money. The adults meals were nice. I had meatballs and pasta, it was very nice but not really worth the £10 or so. One of our party had ribs, again nice but pricey when you have to pay extra for your chips, not at all worth the money. The pizzas the others ordered were fine no arguments there. I think the most disappointing element of our visit was the drinks prices, they were simply extortionate and I would be embarrassed about charging that amount, I won't be going back for an evening meal because of this, I just don't like being ripped off. To sum up, service excellent, kids meals fantastic, adult meals lovely but too expensive and drinks prices a con.

1  Thank kmb76