“Fantastic Italian...really good food!”

Casa Mia Chapel Allerton
Ranked #696 of 1,838 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The original Casa Mia lovingly named the "Coffee Shop" by owners Marta, Francesco and the Casa Mia team. Casa Mia can probably be all things to all people - cafebar, pasta bar, wine bar, delicatessen, takeaway, pizzeria or restaurant!Choose Casa Mia for an informal breakfast, coffee with mums and toddlers, lunch or dinner and experience the Italian 'cafe' atmosphere right here on your doorstep in Chapel Allerton.Once found it's a place that people return to time and time again! And when the sun shines, you could be anywhere ... Florence, Rome or Naples!If you don't fancy eating in, why not try the tempting array of pizzas and other dishes, which can be taken away.
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Italian...really good food!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Had a lovely time, food was really good. The desserts are wonderful. Pleasant staff. Families like this restaurant.....so early eve there are lots of young children. Always check the special offer boards as they normally do a 2 for 1 on pizza or pasta.

• Visited December 2012

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“What a mess of a simple takeaway”
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Ordered a takeaway after 1.30 i rang and was told it would be 5minutes rang again 15 minutes later and was told it would now be 25
I insisted on discount she said 25%

Driver eventually got here and it was now £15 we had two 10s - he said for our trouble forget the fiver and we can have 50% off..fine

Got inside it was the wrong order, rang back out and luckily he hadnt gone and we stood in rain 5 mins while he rooted about for it

Ate food which was good to then be rang by casa mia and accused of lying to driver- of saying she had said we could have 50% not 25%.... Rubbish.. After a rant she apologised

Oh and placing an order is hellish i had to keep repeating myself

I just wanted my tea...

1 Thank Chloe K
Leeds
“Been plenty of times and never liked it. Figure that one out! :)”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

OK, so this is one of those places that everyone seems to go on birthdays etc but then always ends up with something to complain about.

Food wise it's OK. I've had a few things that were fine and a few things that were a bit below par.

The main problem though is the service. On multiple occasions the service has been rude and slow. I'm 31 and have been as a couple, with parents and with friends. You get noticeably better service when you are with parents. I think they expect you not to tip as much if you are young, give you worse service and then it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy because you can be sure I'm not giving anyone a tip when they treat you like they do here.

I'll give a couple of examples.

On one occasion my other half went for a coffee at lunch time. It came to a few quid, let's say £4. She gave the waitress £10 and she never came back. After asking for the change they said "Oh, I thought it was a tip." A £6 tip on a £4 bill.

On another occasion we went for my brother's birthday. Service was slow and forgetful all night. Some drinks never came and some other things went wrong that I can't remember right now... At the end of the night we asked a waitress if we could have a free birthday bread and butter pudding to make up for it. The waitress said that was fine and brought it out. They then charged us for it anyway. We couldn't be bothered arguing. Just a few more people annoyed at the pomposity of the place.... there are plenty of other places to eat with much better value!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Jeynesey
Leeds
“FAB”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

One of my 'all time' favourate places to eat. I love the atmosphere and that they have the food on display for you to see. I am a creature of habit and always have exactly the same to eat. Antipasto salad it is great have it as a main course wonderful.

Visited October 2012
Batley, United Kingdom
“great staff”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

went with my son his partner, and two toddler, the staff where friendly helpful, and good coffee too

Visited November 2012