“Good food but lacked atmosphere”
Review of Piccolino - CLOSED

Piccolino
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Chic yet relaxed, Piccolino restaurants are a collection of Italian neighbourhood restaurants with delicious brasserie-style cuisine. Using fresh, seasonal produce, rustic yet classic Italian dishes are served in a contemporary setting at Piccolino. Many restaurants feature popular al fresco dining areas, where diners can experience fine Italian fare and cocktails.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Decent Italian food and good selection on the menu to choose from. Everyone on the table enjoyed their food, but they lose points on the friendly, attentive service you expect from a good restaurant. The service was impersonal and quite nonchalant at times. Good for a simple meal out where you just want decent food. Not really for an occasion where you want something special. Prosecco was also expensive at almost £30 a bottle.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have been to this restaurant a couple of times before and enjoyed it so decided to spend our anniversary weekend in Leeds. It was bank holiday weekend ,so busy ,and my husband had said it was a special occasion when he booked the table. On our arrival we were presented with a complimentary glass of prosecco, a nice touch, and seated to choose from the menu. A (noisy)hen party were seated next to us, but were moved to a larger table and the waiter apologised for the noise, inconvenience etc, which again was a nice touch!
The meal was delicious, fillet steak, swordfish, prawn and scallop kebabs, excellent fresh salad and beautiful wine. This branch of Piccolino's comes highly recommended by us and was full on the night so obviously popular. Staff are great, good service without being intrusive. Thankyou for a wonderful night!

1  Thank jaffacakes1
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great service, good food, central location. We all chose different meals and not one scrap was left on the plates, need I say more?

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Had a great meal with friends and family.Good service and excellent food.Only negative was that it was a little noisy as had wooden floors and high ceilings.Not much they can do about the design of the building but not suitable for a quiet evening.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

There a fantastic Piccolino at Collingham (Wetherby), and I recall the one at Newcastle being very good too, but this one doesn't hold up its end of the bargain.
The location is great, the staff and service excellent, but my food ... while it looked the part ... was pretty tasteless.
I hardly touched my Bruschetta, it was an enormous pile of chopped tomatoes on one quite hard piece of toasted bread - no garlic, no seasoning, no flavours, no life!
My main, the prawn linguine wasn't much better. The prawns were ok, but the rest of the dish lacked any flavour ... just the parmesan that was added. No chilli, no garlic, just bland.
Once again the staff were great and service was too - the bruschetta was removed from my bill without my knowing.
This sounds a bit brutal but the only thing that needs to be changed here is the chef who cooked my food!

1  Thank Harbmeister