“Great service, bland food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Piccolino

Piccolino
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #509 of 1,811 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Chic yet relaxed, Piccolino restaurants are a collection of Italian neighbourhood restaurants with delicious brasserie-style cuisine. Using fresh, seasonal produce, rustic yet classic Italian dishes are served in a contemporary setting at Piccolino. Many restaurants feature popular al fresco dining areas, where diners can experience fine Italian fare and cocktails.
South Shields
“Great service, bland food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

There a fantastic Piccolino at Collingham (Wetherby), and I recall the one at Newcastle being very good too, but this one doesn't hold up its end of the bargain.
The location is great, the staff and service excellent, but my food ... while it looked the part ... was pretty tasteless.
I hardly touched my Bruschetta, it was an enormous pile of chopped tomatoes on one quite hard piece of toasted bread - no garlic, no seasoning, no flavours, no life!
My main, the prawn linguine wasn't much better. The prawns were ok, but the rest of the dish lacked any flavour ... just the parmesan that was added. No chilli, no garlic, just bland.
Once again the staff were great and service was too - the bruschetta was removed from my bill without my knowing.
This sounds a bit brutal but the only thing that needs to be changed here is the chef who cooked my food!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Harbmeister

“Mmmm yummy food, poor service and needs air con!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Good food, high quality and delicious. Service was slow at first, we had to ask to order drinks when seated and had to ask twice for where they were. After this though service did improve. However, you would expect a restaurant of this caliber to have some form or air conditioning or ventilation rather than letting its customers swelter to the point where it is uncomfortable.

• Visited June 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent Dessert”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We ate here on a Monday night, not sure the timing was anything to do with it but they had run out of crab and duck my mains of choice. We had a pleasant starters, ribs which looked lovely and melted off the bone with BBQ sauce and Kind Prawns on a garlic ciabatta which again were very tasty. The main I ordered was the seafood risotto, there was a few things wrong with this. I asked the waiter what seafood was in the risotto and he said Prawns, calamari, cod, clams and mussels. I am not a massive fan of mussels but I will eat them and there was enough of a selection of other seafood to it not be a problem. When the meal arrived it had 2 pieces of cod, 2 calamari, 2 prawns, 2 clams and about 15 mussels I know this as they were all in the shells in my risotto. This to me is ok if my starter was mussels but as a main I don't want to have to pick the meat from inside the shell before I can eat it, a couple in shells for decoration is ok but 15 just shoved in looked awful. Also the risotto was lacking in rice it was more of a tomato soup rather than a rice dish. This restaurant used to do the best seafood risotto in Leeds so my expectations were high and I was very disappointed. On a plus note I had the amaretto and coffee dessert and it was out of this world. The staff were very friendly, helpful and the service was impeccable. I will visit again and hopefully they will have the duck main I was hoping for.

1 Thank TravelFairy4
Nottingham England
“Good food but lacking in atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

There is a good menu and the food typically italian. The restaurant itself is lacking atmosphere and tables are rather tightly packed. Probably better for a bigger group rather than a couple. I have been to the Piccolinos in Ilkley a few times and this is not as good overall.

Burnham, United Kingdom
“Decent food, nothing spectacular, all a bit vanilla for my liking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Wide menu, good specials list, very good seafood linguine with generous seafood (!), decent (large)_ pizzas, white wine choice unimaginative but OK,red better. Bit of an impersonal big space - we had a table close to the door which didn't help, but the whole place lacks atmosphere. Horrible lighting and bar uninviting, no nice little touches to make me return, no candles or flowers - very average I'm afraid.