“Was once a favourite!”
Review of Chino Latino

Chino Latino
Reserve with OpenTable
Chino Latino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #477 of 1,894 Restaurants in Leeds
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Leeds Train Station
Description: Welcome to Chino Latino Leeds Chino Latino, the award winning Pan-Asian Leeds City Square Restaurant is located at Park Plaza Leeds opposite Leeds Station. Our Pan-Asian food is served to share and dishes are brought steadily to the table creating an informal yet sophisticated style of eating and drinking - the best way to enjoy the taste sensation that is Chino Latino. Open for Lunch, Monday to Friday 12-2pm and Dinner Monday to Saturday 6-10pm, choose from our award winning sirloin steak on the hot rocks to our signature grilled scallops and freshly caught sushi and sashimi. View our menus here. Come and enjoy some of our unique cocktails, nibbles or a complete taste experience with our exquisite tasting menu
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

This was once a favourite of mine! Our family's chosen restaurant for special occasions! I therefore decided to introduce my boyfriend to this spectacular cuisine however, this time, I was disappointed.
The presentation can't be faulted. Unfortunately the appearance didn't completely marry up with the taste and overall experience. The restaurant lacked atmosphere. We dined on a friday night and there were possibly 3 or 4 other couples in the restaurant!!
Overall my experience was average but I was particularly disappointed with the £28 lobster curry dish. At that price you'd expect to get what you pay for. The dish was well presented with a lobster's head and shell however very little lobster to eat, it was cold and the one piece of lobster I was able to fish out seemed to be all bone. We also had the sirloin steak on hot rocks which slightly made up for the money we threw away on the lobster. This dish was visually attractive as well as particularly tasty.
This place could be brilliant and was once a hidden gem but now there are far too many competitive restaurants to let the standards slip!

chinoleeds, Manager at Chino Latino, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear ParaExplorar

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at Chino Latino.

I'm glad to see you were satisfied with the service received but disappointed to see you didn't enjoy the lobster jungle curry, this is one of our more popular dishes and we rarely receive negative feedback for it.

We always try to resolve any issues our guests have at the time of the meal should they occur, had you informed one of our waiters on the evening we would have been able to do this.

I hope this won't deter you from coming to visit us again.

Please contact me directly on 0113 3804080 should you wish to discuss the matter with me further.

many thanks

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Sorry I haven't got round to writing a review sooner, but after reading a number of comments regarding price and quality in certain areas I felt obliged to share our experience. We had a Living Social Voucher which gave us the meal at about 40% off, I imagine similar to what a Tastecard provides, and the value for money was excellent.

We had the taster menu for two which had 4 starters, 2 mains, and a huge selection of desserts for us to share. All the food was unbelievable, particularly the steak on hot stone, and both myself and The Mrs were genuinely impressed and agree that it's one of the best meals we have ever had anywhere let alone in Leeds. The wine was very good, we chose based on a recommendation from the waiter who was attentive all night.

The only thing that seemed a bit of a shame was how quiet the restaurant was, although admittedly it was early January that we went which may explain it!

Needless to say we will definitely be returning!

Dear Nick C

I see you were able to take advantage of one of our promotions through Living Social,this is indeed one of our most popular offers.

Please check our website where you will be able to sign up for our monthly newsletter which will give you chance to take up more of our offers.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is one of the most consistently good restaurants in Leeds although a little pricey. The sushi is excellent, in fact I don't think I've ever had a bad dish in several visits. The inside-out chicken wings are good, and the desserts sumptuous. There is a trendy decor too. Given the prices, recommended for special occasions!

chinoleeds, Manager at Chino Latino, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Sinoronaldo

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback on your latest visit to the restaurant. I will pass on your kind comments to our team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Myself and my partner came to the restaurant after noticing a deal with Tastecard which gave us two-for-one portions. Despite the fact that we only paid for half of what we ate, we still ended up spending £60 for the meal, drinking tap water.

The food itself was fine. We had a selection of different vaguely Asian dishes, some of which were tasty but a majority looked better on the menu than they tasted. The stand-out dishes were the sirloin steak served on hot stones and the salmon tempura. Avoid the scallops with wasabi peas, the peas give it a nasty rough texture which doesn't compliment the scallops.

The service was fine too. The waiters had a really over the top attitude, and we must have been asked if we were happy with our food more than 5 times. I appreciate that the restaurant was quiet and they probably needed something to do but if we don't ask then the food is probably fine. Asking once is normal but this was a bit too much.

The restaurant is well decorated, but beneath the faux-Asian fancy facade, you're left with an overpriced, over-serviced and underwhelming experience.

Dear Capitaldave,

We very much appreciate your comments from your recent Chino Latino dining experience. The Taste card offering is without doubt one of our most popular offerings.

I'm sorry you feel that despite using the promotion that the prices were expensive. We only use fresh produce and ingredients, some of the ingredients we do use are harder to get hold of and can contribute to slightly more expensive dishes.

All our dishes are priced accordingly and are in full view on the menu for you to see before ordering. I can also see from your bill that you ordered more of the expensive didhes from our menu, this will contribute to a higher priced bill.

Please keep an look out for our in house promotions coming soon.

Many thanks

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Ive been before and loved so much their jungle curry, really really delicious. this time i came with a couple of girlfriends, and we were advised by the waiter to try tapas style, so we thought why not...we did ask his advice on portion sizes and he said "depends if you are hungry ot not"..well £15.50 for some beyond bland ribs we didnt even finish gives you an idea... place was pretty dead for a sat night considering everywhere else was so busy, however i have to say the service was top notch, very attentive. we started off with cocktails at the bar and while my 2 friends were not impressed, mine was excellent (Dragonfly) and i told the bar man so.......anyway, back to the actual food, it all came out at once pretty much and although some was nice, the squid being one, delicious, the rest, very very meh....had better ribs at my local chinese, burnt sweet potato fries...very tasty but burnt..seriously? and chicken wings??? sorry, bones in sauce. i felt sad we came away 40pound each lighter and still hungry..such a shame as this place could be amazing...far far too pricey for what you get..

Dear GreecegirlBolton

Thank you for your recent reponse to your visit to Chino Latino. I will indeed pass on your comments to our Head Chef regarding the food items that you didn't enjoy. We are always looking for ways to improve our products and value your comments in trying to do this.

I'm happy to see you enjoyed our cocktails, Why not visit us on a Friday evening where we offer 2 for 1 cocktails across our full cocktail menu.

Many thanks