“Great”

Ranked #63 of 1,961 Restaurants in Leeds
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Recommended by a friend. It was a rainy Tuesday evening in January so we didn't have to queue for a table. The food was delicious, a varied menu and generous portions. The service was a bit brusque at times, but I would definitely go back.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Lovely food as always. The waut upstairs was a bit like being squished in a sardine tin and lasted about 45 minutes but the tables were cleared quickly and the 45 minutes passed quick enough.

The atmosphere is lively and warm with the candles and chatter and I have enjoyed every visit I have made to Viva Cuba.

Try it maybe in the week when the wait isnt as long for a first time.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We first discovered this place a year or so ago and have been coming back ever since! It never fails to disappoint as everything we order is always so tasty and full of flavour!

The specials are always amazing (Please bring back the pork belly!!)

It gets quite busy so be prepared to have a few drinks at the bar whilst you wait or go a bit earlier on weekend nights!

I think it's perfect for a date night as it has a romantic and cosy atmosphere

One of the best in leeds for value and flavour in my opinion :)

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I rang up to book a table for about a group of 10 of us on Saturday and the manager told me to just turn up as they didn't take reservations but we could wait in the bar until we were seated- absolutely fine. We turned up at about 7.45 and were told extremely abruptly that the restaurant was full and we'd have to leave, we asked if we waited in the bar when a table would become available and got the response 'it won't, you must leave.' The guy, as he ushered us out saw how disgruntled we all looked and as we turned to leave muttered sorry, FOLLOWED by 'not' under his breath, was he 12 years old?! You might be highly rated food wise, but all I can judge you on is your manners, which were quite frankly crap. Come back down to earth!

3  Thank rosiefx
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Came here with group of 17 what a fantastic night superb service and superb food will definitely return and recommend this restaurant to my family and friends