“Food good. Service poor.”
Review of Viva Cuba

Viva Cuba
Ranked #60 of 1,886 Restaurants in Leeds
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We were a party of four. Two of us arrived first to quite a hostile greeting and were told a table would be 30 minutes which was fine. When our table was ready we were quite rudely summoned by the host/manager and we sat down at the table.

Someone only took our order when I had to get up and ask after 15 minutes of waiting. We had to ask for our drinks. We had to ask for empty glasses to be removed from the table. We had to ask to order desserts. The waiting staff were pleasant but seemed more interested in wiping tables.

The atmosphere in the restaurant is great. Food is very good. We all really enjoyed our meals.

Service should be better and the host/manager should value his customers - even on our way out he looked at us and turned his back, no thank you's or goodbyes.

It's a great restaurant and would recommend based on food but I don't think I'd go back due to the poor service.

There are newer reviews for Viva Cuba

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Been here before and never been let down by the consistantly good food here and the vibrant atmosphere although space is at a premium! Great for families, couples or singles on a night out.

Not the cheapest but by no means expensive and its perfect for a pre or post cinema meal.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

A group of friends and I visited for a birthday celebration. Sangria flowing, great atmosphere and ambience, we had a fantastic time! The food was incredible! We shared a few, surprisingly filling, tapas dishes between us, definately the best option to make one's way through the menu!

Thank Lauren Elizabet... W
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I have been going here for a few years now and it's our favourite restaurant by far! The food is always delicious, there is a great choice and the service is always great. The food arrives quickly and the atmosphere is great, really cosy and vibrant.

You can't book ahead so it's often busy and as we tend to go at weekends we usually have to wait 30 minutes to an hour for a table. That isn't a problem though because the bar upstairs does fantastic cocktails and we usually order some olives to snack on while we wait. The bar area is small - there are two sofas and a long bench area that people can sit on but at busy times it's often crowded. The well-made cocktails and atmosphere more than makes up for this though. And despite often being told it'll be up to an hour before a table is available, we're often seated way faster than that.

The fruit daquiris they do are worth a mention - they are unbelievable! They do them in various flavours - strawberry, banana, mango and raspberry - and they're the best I've ever tasted.

The food is really tasty...we've been back many times and we still haven't tired of the menu. I'm vegan so there isn't as much choice for me but there are a few dishes I can eat and they are lovely.

The service has always been fantastic - we're greeted warmly upon entering and the staff are attentive. On one occasion, when eating as a group of four, there was a mix up with our order and the food was delayed. It wasn't a problem for us and we weren't waiting that long but when they brought the correct food the waiter immediately offered our next round of drinks on the house.

I really can't recommend this place highly enough. It's the kind of place that suits a wide variety of tastes and occasions - if I have a friend visiting me in Leeds then I usually bring them here and they're never disappointed.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Me and my husband loved this place. Its been 10 years since we have been to Cuba, but it made us book another visit.
The food was lovely especially the chicken and chorizo stew.
The service was friendly and prompt (which was good as we were going to the cinema). I especially liked that I could get a crystal beer. Fantastic touch.
I can't not wait to visit again