“Great start to a brilliant night!”
Review of Viva Cuba

Viva Cuba
Ranked #67 of 1,932 Restaurants in Leeds
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Been here before and never been let down by the consistantly good food here and the vibrant atmosphere although space is at a premium! Great for families, couples or singles on a night out.

Not the cheapest but by no means expensive and its perfect for a pre or post cinema meal.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

A group of friends and I visited for a birthday celebration. Sangria flowing, great atmosphere and ambience, we had a fantastic time! The food was incredible! We shared a few, surprisingly filling, tapas dishes between us, definately the best option to make one's way through the menu!

Thank Lauren Elizabet... W
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I have been going here for a few years now and it's our favourite restaurant by far! The food is always delicious, there is a great choice and the service is always great. The food arrives quickly and the atmosphere is great, really cosy and vibrant.

You can't book ahead so it's often busy and as we tend to go at weekends we usually have to wait 30 minutes to an hour for a table. That isn't a problem though because the bar upstairs does fantastic cocktails and we usually order some olives to snack on while we wait. The bar area is small - there are two sofas and a long bench area that people can sit on but at busy times it's often crowded. The well-made cocktails and atmosphere more than makes up for this though. And despite often being told it'll be up to an hour before a table is available, we're often seated way faster than that.

The fruit daquiris they do are worth a mention - they are unbelievable! They do them in various flavours - strawberry, banana, mango and raspberry - and they're the best I've ever tasted.

The food is really tasty...we've been back many times and we still haven't tired of the menu. I'm vegan so there isn't as much choice for me but there are a few dishes I can eat and they are lovely.

The service has always been fantastic - we're greeted warmly upon entering and the staff are attentive. On one occasion, when eating as a group of four, there was a mix up with our order and the food was delayed. It wasn't a problem for us and we weren't waiting that long but when they brought the correct food the waiter immediately offered our next round of drinks on the house.

I really can't recommend this place highly enough. It's the kind of place that suits a wide variety of tastes and occasions - if I have a friend visiting me in Leeds then I usually bring them here and they're never disappointed.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Me and my husband loved this place. Its been 10 years since we have been to Cuba, but it made us book another visit.
The food was lovely especially the chicken and chorizo stew.
The service was friendly and prompt (which was good as we were going to the cinema). I especially liked that I could get a crystal beer. Fantastic touch.
I can't not wait to visit again

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Viva Cuba is one of the seemingly few places in the area that serves Tapas. It tries to position itself as a more upmarket venue than its proletarian fare suggests, however.

It's conveniently located in Leeds and there's a car park a short walk away which seems to be free after hours. The first thing that impresses is just how busy it is, filled with 30somethings like me and the overall vibe of the restaurant is good, though if you're planning on a romantic dinner, it's usually pretty packed and noisy.

There's quite often a wait for food, but when it does arrive it's reasonably authentic, well presented and very tasty. It isn't particularly cheap and the cocktails can be rather expensive, but it never seems to stop anyone. It compares well with Tapas I've sampled abroad and obviously other people seem to think so too!

The staff are always rushing around but are helpful and polite and any food mix ups have always been sorted out quickly. The menu's are fairly standard and vegetarians are well catered for here. Overall Viva scores highly and is well worth a visit.

3  Thank AndyYorks77