“Excellent brunch after big night out”

The Restaurant Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #140 of 1,856 Restaurants in Leeds
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the old Post Office building landmark, in the heart of City Square, The Restaurant Bar and Grill in Leeds presents an impressive setting to enjoy brunch, lunch, dinner or a private party. Welcoming diners every day, the open kitchen, with a wood stone oven and rotisserie, invites you to watch the chefs at work, whilst emphasising the casual and comfortable atmosphere of the restaurant. Dine at the raised mezzo sharing table, in the comfortable booth seating or from the counters at the kitchen itself. During the summer months al fresco dining is also available in the square, perfect for people watching whilst making your choice of dishes from the eclectic menu. Before or after your meal, you can also relax in the stylish surroundings of the grand cocktail bar, where the charismatic team can serve you a range of drinks from a Mojito to a Sapphire Cosmopolitan.
Immingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent brunch after big night out”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

12 of us went this morning for an excellent breakfast after a great night out in Leeds.
All of us enjoyed our breakfast,excellent food cooked very nice and with excellent presentation.

Visited July 2013

UK
“Exceptionally good”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine in the lovely evening sunshine in the square before moving to our table inside and had an exceptionally good meal. The starters: Smoked salmon, spare ribs, chicken salad and pate were all terrific and the mains: Fillet steak with Bearnaise sauce, risotto, monkfish and king prawns were all faultless. Desert, coffees and a very nice grappa were also excellent and the whole meal was a very pleasant experience with attentive service throughout.

So good in fact that we came back for breakfast the following morning and had huge servings of smoked salmon and scrambled egg and eggs Benedict, again in the sunshine of City Square.

Highly recommended!

• Visited July 2013
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Great place for drinks and relaxed food”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Lovely lunch here on a Sunday
Fabulous food, good wine list, relaxed atmosphere
Bloody Mary is a must try.....the cocktails here are amazing!

Visited December 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant - vibrant and noisy but great food”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I've been to this restaurant a couple of times now, the last being December 2012 for a Christmas lunch with my team from work.
I'd booked the table in advance and the staff were extremely helpful beforehand - no deposit required for 6 of us - 10/10 for customer service here.
The menu was great - we could eat a la carte or off the Christmas menu - everyone said their food was excellent - I know mine was and was one of the best I've had.
Service - excellent
Location - perfect if you're commuting to/from Leeds - a short walk from the train station
Value for money - very good too - not cheap but well worth it.
Cleanliness - spot on
All in all this is a great restaurant - on the busy, noisy side, not for a quiet, romantic meal for two unless you have a few cocktails first!

• Visited December 2012
Kendal, United Kingdom
“They say you should never go back.. we did, and regretted it!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

When we lived in Leeds between 2006-2008, we lived around the corner from City Square and The Restaurant was a firm favourite of ours for dinner, drinks or lunch. The food was always consistent high quality & the staff were great, a refreshing mix of professional, friendly, attentive & helpful.

So when I arranged a business meeting in Leeds on Friday, we decided to make a night of it and stay in Leeds Thursday evening, specifically to have dinner at The Restaurant. It's clearly doing great business, as we weren't able to book a table until 8.30pm but that was ok, it meant that we sat in the bar and did a bit of people-watching, like the good old days!

However, as time went on, it became clear to us that we'd been forgotten and I had to ask the front desk at 9pm how long our table would be. The woman at the desk asked me and a strange bloke standing beside me if we'd like to sit down straightaway.... he was just asking where the loo was ....

So we were shown to our table or rather shoe-horned into a table for 2 with much apologising to the couples either side as we tried to squeeze in. We couldn't help but notice the area opposite the kitchen behind the reception desk which was completely empty. We were asked if we'd like water, which was brought and then some bread. And then.... well, nothing. So we got up and went to settle our bar bill. £34 and no dinner.

An admission. I really don't like TripAdvisor, so I realise I may sound hypocritical because of this posting. But I just needed to say - what a shame. I do hope it was a temporary blip but I somehow don't think that next time we're in Leeds we'll bother.

By the way, thanks to the front desk (so that's one 1/5 instead of zero) for directing us to New Station Street where we headed to Friends of Ham, recommended to us by a twitter buddy - perhaps on their day off The Restaurant managers should call round there 'cos that's somewhere with excellent customer service... reminded me of The Restaurant ooo 5-6 years' ago ....

• Visited July 2013