“Disappointed”

Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Lancashire
“Disappointed”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

As a regular visitor to Browns in various locations, this visit left me disappointed and certainly not raring to return!

We were shown to our table by a maitre'd who quite frankly couldn't be bothered with work and it showed!! Our first waiter was helpful when we ordered drinks but after that it went downhill!

Food wasn't great - I had steak which, while cooked well was unseasoned and hadn't been rested! Rocket that looked like it had been left out for a week before being plated and 1 mushroom!! The crab and prawn linguine looked bland and we weren't offered Parmesan or any accompaniments with either dish. Not at any point were we asked if things were ok or asked if we wanted further drinks!

Very disappointed!

• Visited December 2013
BrownsLeeds, Manager at Browns Brasserie & Bar, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear Jeeves72,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback.

I am sad to hear that you felt the service and food was below average on your recent visit.

Here at Browns Leeds we endeavour to deliver excellent food & service as standard every time but from your feedback it is clear on this occasion we let you down.

I do hope the experience has not put you of visiting the restaurant again. I’m sure if you return we could restore your faith. If you decide to visit the restaurant again please call on
0113 243 9353 to make a booking with me.

I hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards

Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average at best”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We had our Christmas lunch here this year, the starter was devoid of flavour (smoked duck), the main course was stone cold and the beef over cooked (beef wellington), the sprouts were like bullets (we all agreed - far beyond al dente - I could hardly cut them, and the cheese was clearly straight from the fridge and therefore lacked flavour,

The service was excellent, but this couldn't make up for a meal that fell well short of expectations (even for a christmas lunch)

The Midnight Bell knocked spots of this last year

Dear Beardydave1967,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback from your recent visit.
I am sad to hear that your party did not fully enjoy your Christmas meal with us.

I have passed all your comments on to our team of chefs for the knowledge and future reference.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the service and also have passed your kind comments on to our team.

I do hope this experience has not put you off visiting us again in the future and I’m sure if you returned we could restore your faith in the restaurant.

Once again many thanks,

Kind Regards
Galway, Ireland
“Top Quality”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Three of us had a second visit here. Bearing in mind a very busy Saturday evening. We had a very enjoyable dinner. Food was very good and the wine was sensibly priced. Great atmosphere..
The staff were very attentive. Highly recommended

Dear Peadar Galway,

Thank you very much for your feedback from your recent visit.

The whole team & I are very happy to hear you had an enjoyable experience on your visit.

I do hope you can come and see us all again soon.

Kind Regards,
A TripAdvisor Member
“Average afternoon tea, poor atmosphere”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We chose Browns for afternoon tea because of its civilised image, and were expecting a relaxed afternoon, with great food and service. What we actually found was a very noisy, crowded brasserie, with a lot of clattering of plates and rushed service.

It took a long time to be offered drinks, and again they took a long time to come. No options on the tea, a couple of options would have been a nice touch.

When the food arrived I was disappointed, three minuscule crust less sandwiches each (we ordered a platter of bread and dips immediately), scone was great however and served with jam and clotted cream, and then we get to the most disappointing bit, the cakes...big chunks that looked like someone had cut them up with their foot (I'll post an image). Not very gentile.

All solvable problems, just needed a gentler hand and some attention to detail.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“mrs browns boys”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Well done browns, called in today mid afternoon for a swift beer and a wine, and" hay presto " like magic there was plenty of bar staff . good quick service ,great atmosphere ,and very warm and cosy.