“Meal deal”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We went mid week for the meal deal £15 pp plus half a bottle of wine pp , my wife had the mussel starter and calves liver mains, and I had the mullet starter and ribeye mains, all cooked to perfection , the wine was excellent, all in all a very quality meal at a fair price,

1  Thank Ibyttdfatcchos
There are newer reviews for Leeds 17

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Perfect for grabbing a pint after work with colleagues or pals. Brilliant concept and good staff with some fantastic bottled beers. Don't think they do food?

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have eaten here e few times now and never had a bad meal.. The restaurant has been quiet each time we have gone but that suited our needs. Food well prepared, well presented and the staff are attentive. Well priced as well.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Been a couple of times and find it lacking in atmosphere a little. The restaurant was by no means busy, however the waiter appeared to be rushed. Our mains were ok, but had to wait an age for the brûlée as they had run out of the shortbread biscuit which I found slightly odd. When it did arrive, the shortbread was raw inside. The waiter acknowledged this by saying he would tell the chef. The brûlée was, however, worth the wait.
Great photography on the walls!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We've been here because it's local and I was well impressed. It was a week dinner and not a lot of people so maybe the atmosphere was lacking a bit. But the manager was really friendly and chatty. They offer bread before the meal, when we finished it, we were given some more for our mussels starter, which was excellent. Then we had the duck and pork belly, the food is really well presented and the side orders of chips was great. We had the £15.50 menu (2 courses + half a botlle of wine) and it was so worth it that I gave the biggest tip of my life.
I agree with previous comment that it is not a children friendly restaurant, but on the positive side, it's nice to have a local restaurant, serving great quality food without having kids running around.
I would highly recommend it for couples and I will certainly go back and bring my friends and even my in-laws. I think it will become one of our favourite restaurant. Value for money couldn't be better.

1  Thank Piplette06