“Best Indian In Leeds” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aagrah

Aagrah
Ranked #223 of 1,791 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Pakistani
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Aagrah experience is designed to overwhelm you with a complete sensory journey, encompassing the rich cultural ambiance and truly remarkable culinary sensation of authentic Kashmiri cuisine... Time and time again... Balancing time-honoured dishes with culinary innovation, our hand-picked, award winning team of chefs relentlessly aim to provide healthy and nutritious dishes prepared to nothing less than total satisfaction, in the most comfortable of atmospheres, to our esteemed clientele. Aagrah ~ satisfaction, comfort and affordability...
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Best Indian In Leeds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Got their wine list DOWN. Some of the tastiest Indian I may have ever come across. Service is friendly, some of them are great. On a busy shift it's a little impersonal, but hey, they're busy. Doorman cracks me up every time. Always order too much to have a second round the next day.

• Visited October 2013

Lowestoft, England, United Kingdom
“Very tasty meal, good portions, friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Whilst away in Leeds on business I decided to treat myself to a curry, being a lover of spicy Asian food. Not being local I checked on Trip Advisor to see where was popular and decided to visit Aagrah, and was very pleased with the experience.

The restaurant is pretty big inside and for a Thursday night was very busy. Nonetheless I was seated straight away, and offered poppadums and dips. I had two poppadums, which were tasty, and the dips were nice (one I had initially assumed was a mango chutney but was actually made of ginger, and was very yummy).

I ordered the hottest dish I could see on the menu (Balti Chicken Chilli) with Mushroom Pilau Rice and Keema Nan. I found it odd that the menu had a 'heat guide' ranging from one to five chillies, but couldn't see anything on the menu with more than three chillies. I told the waiter I liked them hot and asked if I could have a few extra chillies in my curry, and I was pleased to report the curry was quite spicy, just as I like it.

The portions were good and the service was prompt and friendly. The menu featured a number of authentic dishes, rather than the usual BIR fare, and they also had a separate seafood / fish menu which also looked appetising. The nan bread didn't look like it had been cooked in the usual Tandoor, rather it looked oven baked, but was very tasty and absolutely full of minced meat.

The curry, rice, nan bread and my orange juice and lemonade came to £18.50, which I thought wasn't too bad (and appears to be about the typical price for similar restaurants in the city).

Overall very happy with my dining experience and will certainly be back on future stays in Leeds.

• Visited October 2013
London
“Good food, reasonable price, nice atmosphere & great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Thursday evening with work colleagues and was surprised to see it fairly busy for a midweek day. So I would recommend reserving. 1st time here. Atmosphere is quite good, food was great with good choice, service was friendly & efficient. There is free ample parking after 5:30pm just near in car park.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Better Indian's from an outer city takeaway shop”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Me and my partner had booked a table for a Saturday night at the city centre Aagrah. When we arrived we were greeted and taken to the bar. Firstly they didn’t have the mixer I had asked for which wasn't a major problem as compromising on this isn’t a major deal.

When we were shown to our table we was seen to straight away except the waiter couldn’t speak English and asked to write down half of our order!!!

Our food took no longer than 30 mins which is good going for a busy Saturday night. We had ordered 2 Chicken Kormas, 2 portions of Chips, Garlic Naan and Boiled Rice. I have never experienced a Korma as spicy in my entire life. Even my partner was blowing at the mouth and he likes spicy food. The whole point of getting a Korma is for a sweet milky taste as a change to the rest of the spicy curry’s available. The Chips were wrongly described as 'Chips' and should of been described as 'giant homemade wedges' they were cold and disgusting, I tried them by cutting each one into thirds but this still did them no justice.

After we had finished our meal it was like we was rushed off with 2 waiters stood at the side of us, waiting to change our table for the next couple.

Really not a nice experience at all, the atmosphere of the restaurant wasn’t even a good one. Aagrah’s has well and truly gone downhill since the last time I had one a few years ago.

For anyone who is looking to try out a new Indian restaurant GO TO AKBARS!!!!! Or a local takeaway would be better quality, I know mine is!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank AJW95
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Too hot”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I am not saying it was a bad meal. It's a classy looking place, close to The West Yorkshire Playhouse and the service is good. I can eat a fairly hot Indian dish, but we both found ours to be really on the hot side for what we ordered -- in my case the Murgh Shash dish =Tandoori chicken & vegetables. I couldn't eat it! Even the cooling sauce didn't seem to cool it and in addition you had to look hard for the chicken amonst the onions. I rubbed cucumber in my poor lips. My Tarka Daal on the other hand was full of daal and very tasty so I ate that with the chapatis -- very nice chapatis and had a dessert of Gulab jamun with icecream -- you can't really go wrong with that one. If you like it HOT go there. If not, don't.