“Great place to eat!!”

Ranked #148 of 1,915 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tapas from my Grannies Recipes in a hand built bar and restaurant we made ourselves. We like to think we have brought a little bit of Spain, a traditional taverna, with us to Leeds. With Live acoustic music every Tuesday in our cosy downstairs restaurant, and music through out the week. Pablo and Yeyo offer as authentic Tapas as it is possible to find in a unique little restaurant. You can relax in the bar after a hard days work, or maybe outside and enjoy a glass of specially selected Spanish wine.
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We visited El Bareto for a birthday party and we were certainly treated, the food, wine, and atmosphere was great, our waiter was attentive and helpful and the whole experience was relaxed and enjoyable, we thoroughly enjoyed our meals and can't wait until we go again

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Eaten here quite a few times recently.

Absolutely love the food. Freshly cooked. Authentic. Regularly bring visitors to the place and they love it. Could not recommend this place enough.

Try the specials - they're different. innovative, and tasty.

Only two things to improve:
- Seating can be a little uncomfortable downstairs
- The calamari needs changing. There's too much of it and it's coated wierdly in my opinion. I would prefer a light batter.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have been to this quaint little family run tapas restaurant a few times now and each time, it gets better! It has a real Spanish tavern feel to it, making it cosy and intimate even for larger groups. The food is easy to order, as you are given a 'tick' menu, which you can just go down and tick the dishes you fancy. However, with sons who see this type of menu more of a challenge ie want to eat EVERYTHING on it, can prove a little dangerous! We ordered much more than we should've (although not too much was wasted) we were absolutely stuffed.. and my sons couldn't even manage dessert, which is usually unheard of. Every dish is authentic, hot and tasty and the food just kept coming! The waiter was really friendly and genuinely seemed to enjoyed providing a service to us, even giving us free 'shots' at the end of the meal, which really impressed my teenager. The bill came to approx. £120 between 6 of us and included wine and soft drinks.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Let me start with the good bits because I have been here many times over the last two years with just a couple of friends or even parties of 12. So having spent at least £1500 I think I know what I am talking about.
The food is very good.
The wine selection is good as is the choice of spirits.
The tapas are good.
The bar staff are excellent.
I continue to go because of the above despite the two things that irritate me so I try to avoid them:
1. The music sucks - its elevator music. A pseudo guitarist with a pseudo singer a bit like karaoke - find out when they are not playing and go then.
2. The annoyingly loud spanish ex-waitress. OMG - if you want to have your eardrums ruptured then just wait for her to turn and drown out the television even if Real Madrid is playing. Loud and rude - i have no idea why they put up with her.
That being said - excellent food, great staff, pleasant owner. I will always come back because of this - I just bring some ear plus to hide the other stuff.

2  Thank Bill S
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Good range of tapas but small portions and slow to arrive. Perhaps our experience was unusual but we felt completely missed out whilst other diner arriving long after us were served first. Not good.