“Authentic Spanish Food”

Ranked #157 of 1,928 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tapas from my Grannies Recipes in a hand built bar and restaurant we made ourselves. We like to think we have brought a little bit of Spain, a traditional taverna, with us to Leeds. With Live acoustic music every Tuesday in our cosy downstairs restaurant, and music through out the week. Pablo and Yeyo offer as authentic Tapas as it is possible to find in a unique little restaurant. You can relax in the bar after a hard days work, or maybe outside and enjoy a glass of specially selected Spanish wine.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I loved this place. Great food, loads of tapas dishes to choose from. We had a few of the specials plus a few traditional ones like the tortilla, patatas bravas etc. Bread was delicious and all the staff or most of them at least seemed to speak Spanish. The decor is very cool like something you would find in Spain. Great value too.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just celebrated our first wedding anniversary at El Bareto and it was fantastic! The food was so so good, plentiful portions, very tasty and arrived quickly! The wine was reasonably prized and high quality! The staff were brilliant, attentive and chatty and we were treated to free cocktails and dessert for our anniversary, which was very sweet and much appreciate! Would definitely come back next time we are in Leeds!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We all went here in a big group to celebrate the end of our exams. We left the choice of dishes up to the staff and we weren't disappointed. The food was excellent. I lived in Spain for two years but there were dishes on the menu I had never tried, and it was lovely being introduced to new tastes. The atmosphere is lively and fun and everybody had a great night. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Jonboy32
Reviewed June 16, 2013

a lot of tapas restaurant, are very poor demonstrations of Spanish food , this is the real deal.

the service is of a high standard warm and genuine.

the decor is fantastic and the prices are a touch months dear side but I suppose you get what you pay for in life.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have been coming to el bareto's for years, and I have never had a bad meal. It has a lovely charm to it, the rustic homely settings of the restaurant take you to spain each time! The food is fantastic, the best patatas bravas I have had outside of spain. The portions are always generous, and the service is to a high standard. Everyone who I have ever taken, has always come out with a smile. It alway will be at top favourite of mine, and I really think its the best tapas in Leeds!

2  Thank Sophie L