“Amazing, Authentic Spanish Food”
Review of El Bareto

El Bareto
Ranked #126 of 1,829 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Tapas from my Grannies Recipes in a hand built bar and restaurant we made ourselves. We like to think we have brought a little bit of Spain, a traditional taverna, with us to Leeds. With Live acoustic music every Tuesday in our cosy downstairs restaurant, and music through out the week. Pablo and Yeyo offer as authentic Tapas as it is possible to find in a unique little restaurant. You can relax in the bar after a hard days work, or maybe outside and enjoy a glass of specially selected Spanish wine.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Amazing, Authentic Spanish Food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have visited El Bareto a few times with my partner and also with friends. The service is very efficient yet friendly and the food is amazing. Last time I went with my friends and we shared a variety of dishes, all of which were delicious. My only minor niggle is that the food is a little overpriced in some areas (for example a few slices of Manchego cheese costs £7.50). However, in all the whole experience was extremely enjoyable and I would definitely go back again and again.

• Visited February 2013

Normanton, United Kingdom
“Hidden treasure for authentic Spanish Tapas”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Searched Trip Advisor for Tapas restaurant at the request of my daughter for her birthday meal. Having read reviews of others, decided to opt for this one as it was not in Leeds City Centre (which is becoming a nightmare to drive/park) and had good reviews. Restaurant is obviously very popular so pleased we could book table (by email or phone) and also restaurant cared enough to ring to confirm booking prior to arrival. On arrival, shown straight to table (for 6 people) and introduced to menu by a very bubbly Shaun (Sean? apologies if spelt incorrectly!) who explained ordering process and Specials board. Seating was a bit snug but added to atmosphere we felt. We ordered jugs of sangria (excellent) whilst we decided which of the many dishes to opt for. Shaun advised on quantities required and food arrived within short time period. The waitresses were either genuinely Spanish or extremely good actresses as they delivered dishes to table with explanation of each - we felt we could actually be in Barcelona! Food portions were excellent and we all rated the taste and flavours of the dishes as the best Tapas we have experienced. Having asked throughout the evening if we were out for a Special occasion, at the end of the meal, my daughter was delivered a birthday cake/pudding (which we hadn't pre-arranged) complete with candles and Happy Birthday song/music! A nice gesture which rounded off an extremely enjoyable evening. Would definitely recommend to all.

• Visited April 2013
leeds
“Authentic Spanish!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Excellent quality food and wine in an wonderfully ambient "little bar" I have spent a lot of time in Spain and this is the most authentic Spanish restaurant I have tried in the UK. They even stock Pacharan for that essential after meal digestivo. Highy recommended!

• Visited March 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Genuine Spanish tapas - unexpected in Leeds!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I went here for my sisters birthday and they squeezed us in at the last minute - I'm really glad they did. After visiting Spain for the first time a few years ago, I totally fell in love with Spanish food and it even got me over my fear of seafood! This is the closest I've come to eating in Spain without being there, and is a new favourite of mine. The service is great, the menu and ordering method authentic, served by lovely spanish ladies along with a good helping of sangria! Really enjoyed it. Only downside was us ordering a bit too much and not being able to eat it all, I felt bad! Amazing

• Visited November 2012
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The best tapas restaurant we have been to - loads of atmosphere and really helpful staff! Really good value for money too - will definitly be going again!

• Visited February 2013