“Delicious food, reasonable prices and friendly staff”
Review of Tampopo - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2012

My brother took me to Tampopo for a suprise lunch a few days ago. The selection of food was fantastic (especially for vegans - lots of starters, mains and desserts to choose from). The staff were very friendly and efficient. Great location and parking available in 'The Light' complex. Highly recommended.

1  Thank nugglet

Reviewed April 14, 2012

I've been visiting this place for years. If you want good food and are in a hurry then this is the place to visit.

It's set out like a school dining hall - long tables with benches. The staff are friendly and efficient. The menu caters for all tastes and the food is served very quickly.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Tampopo was once myself and my friends favourite restaurant. We would go almost every weekend for the infamous chicken ramen.
We decided to return last night and I was surprised to hear when I phoned to book a table that they don't take bookings for after 7pm. I was then assured that they would have plenty of space available for us. This struck me as slightly odd for easter Saturday but I thought no more of it.

The service was friendly enough, although the waiters were openly texting on their phones and not particularly attentive so we had to get up out of our seats if we needed something.

In all honesty, the food was close to terrible. We each had the chicken ramen, it was served to us barely luke warm, the spinach, (two leaves of it) was slimy and the broth was so salty I had to ask for four glasses of water throughout the duration of our meal. I couldn't eat much of it. In agreement to the below comment, the chicken was certainly not fresh and we got the feeling that the ramen had probably been sat stewing for some time in a pot in the kitchen...
It is a real shame as tampopo holds good memories for us for its previous cuisine but we will definitely not be returning!

2  Thank Frances H
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Visited last week after a while, and then remembered why we hadn't been in so long. They serve fake chicken here. The stuff that wetherspoons and yates sell, that's 90% chicken, reconstituted and shaped, filled with water and flavourings, ugh.
I used to think this place was nice, but at their prices, if they aren't using real fresh meat, I won't be returning to waste my money. I'll go to wagamamas or little tokyo.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

ok quick food but westernised versions of eastern dishes and very average versions at best - would not return. good atmosphere and efficient service let down by lack lustre food