“Very tasty food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited the Thai Cottage with a living social voucher (2 mains and 2 drinks for £14) and even though it didn't seem as much of a bargain as some of the Indian meals, we wanted to go for Thai for a change.
I had read reviews on here about the place not being anything fancy and I would definitely agree with this but the staff were really friendly and attentive. However, the prices aren't much cheaper than places like Sukhothai so it's hardly a budget meal.
The food was excellent and the portion sizes were very generous. We shared the chicken spring rolls for starter which were delicious and then we both had a Massamam curry and sticky rice - both very tasty.
The restaurant was pretty busy which is a good sign and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.
I would recommend this place as the food is so delicious and the staff are so friendly and 'on the ball' but don't expect it to be anything fancy or particularly cheap!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Visited on a Saturday evening with my wife - pre-booked @ 6.30 with a Living Social Voucher (for 2 meals and 2 glasses of wine). The restaurant was only half full - we've visited before and had a reasonable-good meal, This time it was different.

They started by amending the terms of the voucher, stating that Duck and King Prawn dishes were not included in the offer - which was not stated in the voucher. No real worries, as there was plenty of other choices on the menu. We didn't just 'hit and run' with the voucher either, as we also ordered starters, sides and a bottle of wine.

Although the glasses and bottle of wine came straight away, but despite numerous nudges we received nothing else until 50 minutes from when we came in - by which time the restaurant had emptied somewhat and was now only one quarter full - so no issues regarding it being packed out. When the food finally did arrive, it was not the starters that we had ordered, and the mains that were delivered were wrong.

First time in a long, long while that we've walked out of a restautrant; needless to say we will NOT be visiting again.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Good value for money, swift service, good food. No messing about :)
Great place to go with friends for a quick meal and few drinks. Not so good for romantic meal, but if one is on low budget it will do :))

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My son and I visited Thai Cottage for a meal before going to the opera. It was early so relatively quiet. Our waitress was very sweet and smiley and the food really good. I loved my green curry with prawns, perfectly cooked with lovely vegetable carved artwork. The place was quite plain as opposed to other thai/oriental restaurants we checked out but this supported the feeling of being authentic rather than trying too hard. Definitely well worthwhile visiting, good value and we will be back if ever in Leeds again.

1  Thank Helle D
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Visited on Friday 6th December at 7.45.
There were only 2 couples in when we arrived. The staff were pleasant enough but the place lacked something. The food was sadly poor, we have had much better Thai food.
Would we go again, probably yes at lunchtime, but definately no at night. Shame really.