“decent”

Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Leeds, United Kingdom
“decent”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

this restaurant is good the service is not the best but the food never fails us will be back soon
we have tried the other akbars and the food is just as good so they are doing something wright and we love indian food

• Visited July 2014

West Yorkshire
“Good value but too spicy”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We've been going to Akbars for a few years now and while the quality and quantity of the food remain good we think recently the dishes have become too spicy. Even when asking them to make a mild tikka masala it's just a bit too hot. And we like our food quite spicy! We've decided to try and find another restaurant with better balanced food. Also the tables in the restaurant are a little too hemmed in.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“What a treat”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We do enjoy curries in our family and our choice here included 2 lamb and one chicken curry along with the giant “family sized” garlic Nan. Unfortunately there were only 3 of us and we did not do justice to the tasty curry, the bread and rice. Flavours were outstanding, service was excellent although there did seem to be some breakdown in the relationship between the waiting staff and the kitchen staff who, unusually deliver food to the table. The ambience was pleasant although a bit raucous on a Saturday night mid-evening and we would certainly put this in our top 10 curry houses.

• Visited July 2014
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Curry at its best”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

As a lone traveller on a business trip I was recommended this restaurant by a work mate who often eats there - I arrived quite early on a Wednesday evening and found that the place was already quite busy, which is always a good sign - The staff were very attentive without being over the top and the prices very reasonable - The one thing that stood out for me from other Indian restaurants I have visited and I must admit that I am partial to a good curry is that my main course was served to my table by the chef which is something I have not experienced before and he waited by my table for me to try my dish to ensure that I was satisfied before returning to the kitchen - I also like the fact that the kitchen was open plan and you could see the staff at work cooking the food - If you do eat at this restaurant then please do try the Nan Bread which is served in a very unique way - I would definitely visit this restaurant when next in the Leeds area.

• Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“reccomended by John of 'johns windows'”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have not been to Akbars yet, but a good friend of mine John who owns the window company 'JOHNS WINDOWS' has been there lots of times and raves about the quality and value, he says 'you cant beat it, its dead right' and I trust John 100% So will go and so should you, MOT Steve

• Visited January 2014