“Great family night out!”
Review of Akbars - CLOSED

Akbars
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
“Great family night out!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We had a great family meal out. The restaurant is very child friendly (with our baby & toddler). Nothing was too much trouble. Good ambiance, yummy food, and great service!

• Visited August 2013

“We all loved it..”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We took my parents who are both in their late seventies, for their very first Indian meal to Akbars in Leeds. They were both apprehensive and let us pick for them as they have no experience of Indian food at all. Between us we had onion bhaji and chicken and prawn on poori. For the main course we had chicken dopiaza, and chicken rogan josh, served with plain and mushroom rice. We of course had to have a family naan bread. The four meals including the rice were all excellent and my parents loved them both. They shared each of their two curries and had never seen anything like the family naan, which they both loved. They said, it was one of the nicest and tastiest meals they had had, and want to try more dishes. That's what I call a success.

• Visited August 2013
“Nice food shame about the wait!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Me and my fiancé came here with my family, the 4 of us came in and it was very busy. We were told there was a wait of about 15/20 minutes so agreed to stay. I am disabled and there were no seats. Staff could see I was struggling to stand and getting knocked about but did nothing to help. Anyway we were still stood about 45 minutes later and asked a member of staff who appeared to have forgotten about us. We were seated not long after that. We ordered our food, starters and a main each, the starters came about 35 minutes after ordering and then the plates were taken away about 20 minutes after finishing after we asked them for more drinks and to take the plates. The main course we had to ask for 4 times and came over an hour and 10 minutes after we finished our starters. The food was really nice, and we did have a good time being able to have a good chat but we didn't plan on being in the restaurant for nearly 3 hours!!! I have been here a few times and theres always been a wait but this night really was bad. I do love the food, there are a few things on the menu that aren't the best but I just order what I like. Probably will return but wont be prepared to wait as long next time! We were offered a free coffee each (but I am allergic to caffeine so couldn't have one anyway and they wouldn't let me have anything in its place!!) :(

Hopefully next time might be better, otherwise there's plenty of other places!

• Visited February 2013
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Nice food and monster sized nan”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We have been a few times and nice food and the nan bread was huge it has to be seen to be believed, our only criticism is the staff are a little too pushy on extra drinks and coffee and the smiles seem to fade when not spending more money. When we finished eating the table was cleared instantly and then we felt we was rushed out the door and for this reason we did not leave a tip , its a great restaurant but they need to stop trying to get as many people through the door and just allow the customer a few minutes after the meal to gather there thoughts before being rushed out so the next person can take a table as its not an enjoyable experience

• Visited July 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for the past 4 years and it is flawless. You should call in to book a table on Friday and Saturday nights as it gets that busy. Try their king prawn special. I can't wait to go back to Leeds to have it! Amazing. Plus their head chef and all staff are friendly and really excellent.

• Visited May 2013