“Separate Veggie and Vegan Menu!”

Las Iguanas - Leeds
Ranked #69 of 1,871 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Brazilian, Latin, Mexican, South American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Walk through the doors of Las Iguanas and find yourself transported to Latin America, full of rich, vibrant colours, quirky features and custom-made wooden mosaic tables made especially for the restaurant from sustainable woods in Brazil. Each restaurant is unique and the staff love bringing unusual things back from their travels, ranging from large lobster sculptures to giant drums. The philosophy of Las Iguanas is to serve delicious and authentic Latin American food and drink in an environment which evokes the very best of Latin life. With recipes dating back to the 16th century, the food successfully fuses native Latin American Indian, Spanish, Portuguese and African influences. Working hard to ensure that everything comes from the best possible source, Las Iguanas is proud of its fresh GM free food and top quality ingredients.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Separate Veggie and Vegan Menu!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Great night, arrived for happy hour :-) 2 for 1 for cocktails, appears to have a new bartender who delivers a much improved Long Island Iced Tea. Staff were polite and speedy. The bonus was the separate veggie/vegan menus, with an extensive choice. As well as being a lot of choice, staff were clearly knowledgeable about the difference between vegans and vegetarians and the contents of the various dishes. A welcome change from most restaurants.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Lawrie_Phipps

• Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good tasty food worth the lunch time deal otherwise quite pricey!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

The food was nice, however it's affordable during the lunch time deal, other wise it's quite pricey for the value. The chicken and nachos are delicious. It's a nice quiet atmosphere for a good catch up with friends

• Visited February 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not authentic Mexican food”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The menu was limited, so could not order my favorite Mexican dish. So I asked for a burrito (they called it "Home Style"). I ask for a burrito without beans and rice, I was told that was not possible. I asked why? I was told the burritos are pre made and just heated up. So much for "Home Style", they obviously are not made there. So then, looked at the menu again and just went for a basic steak, only to be told they had not steak. At this point I decided to look over the menu yet again and let my wife order. She ordered steak fajitas, yes guessed it... they did NOT have any STEAK. We then asked what they did have, seemed to be only chicken so we went with chicken.
Portions were small and hot sauce had sugar in it (typically in the UK hot sauce has sugar in it, but if you eat in Mexico or USA it has no sugar). We would never eat there again.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Stuart M
LasIguanasHQ, Owner at Las Iguanas - Leeds, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for your comments. Like all restaurants cooking with fresh ingredients (which we are proud to do) our chefs arrive early each morning to start 'prepping' the ingredients and dishes for the day including making our own sauces and salsas from scratch and rolling burritos ready to go. Our development of a great tasting home-style burrito has led us to fill them just with the main filling (beef, chicken or mushroom) and black beans and serve the rice, lettuce, salsa etc. on the side as we believe that the flavour is far better this was as the rice doesn't absorb all of the moisture from the beans and other fillings when cooked and become soggy. Wherever possible we will try and meet special orders and I'm sorry to hear that we weren't able to on this occasion and then subsequently had sold out of your next choice. As we use fresh ingredients we have deliveries almost daily and therefore on some occasions we can run out of a certain item where there has been high demand. Lucy- Las Iguanas
Leeds, United Kingdom
“I love this restaurant - delicious separate vegan menu”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I am very impressed with the separate vegetarian/vegan menu and everything was delicious. The staff were friendly and efficient. Good wine list - wines are shown as being vegetarian-suitable.
My two dining companions eat meat and were very pleased with their food also. Between us we had chimichanga, a hot sandwich and fajitas as well as various side orders. There is a lot of choice so I would recommend to anyone.

• Visited February 2014
“Great food great service! ”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend went at the weekend and.it was brilliant. We had booked a table for 8 and we were seated straightaway. Our waiter pablo was brilliant he explained the menu to us and recomended dishes that were spicy n wich werent. We ordered and our starters.come very quickly. I had.the new mushrooms dish which was really nice however it would have been better if it came with bread roll not tortillas. Other than that the food was lovely and the service was brilliant. Will definetly be going back!!