“pre theatre noms”
Review of La Tasca Leeds - CLOSED

La Tasca Leeds
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: La Tasca brings the fun of a Spanish Fiesta to your table. A wide range of Tapas and Paellas to choose from with lots of Vegetarian and Gluten Free choices available. A wide range of drinks including a special sangria bar with daily specials available. A great choice for a cosy meal for 2 or a birthday party treat
Reviewed July 27, 2014

we got to la tasca Leeds at about 5.30 pm yesterday. because it was so hot, we asked to sit outside, away from the bins. the staff were very accommodating. the food is always delicious. it was served hot, and promptly. the chicken croquettes are melt in the mouth delicious and the white fish in batter is gorgeous and light and crispy. unfortunately there was no offer on i.e. 3 tapas for £10 kind of thing. but we had 1 starter and 3 tapas each and for the 8 dishes, 2 diet cokes and 2 glasses of sangria and 2 coffees it was under £45 with my free la Tasca card and %20 discount. la tasca is one of my favourite chain restaurants. and always my first choice when in Leeds. there was a group of four people, 2 inside talking to 2 outside, who were drunk, loud and swearing. the staff were constantly popping out to us to check we were okay without mentioning the drunken elephants in the room and on the balcony. very well handled

Review collected in partnership with La Tasca
LaTascaLeeds, Manager at La Tasca Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2014

We are glad we always deliver what you expect. We love to see you back soon

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Really nice, enjoyed the food and thought there was a good selection.

The staff were lovely and friendly and didn't interrupt our meal too much (like some places!)

Will be. Ack again,

Review collected in partnership with La Tasca
LaTascaLeeds, Manager at La Tasca Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2014

You put a smile in our faces, We love making every guest experience a great one. Maybe next time we will get your full 5 stars x

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is the first time that I have had a bad experience at La Tasca. It took 50 minutes for most of the food to arrive and then it was a mix of cold, luke warm and warm; a couple of dish were even brought out 5-10 minutes after the other food. Service was really terrible, it was really difficult to attract a member of staff's attention. We were a party of 6 and got charged a £24+ service charge which definately wasn't deserved with how bad the experience was.

Kirsty,
We are really sorry your experience was so bad. We thank you for the feed back as this can just help us to improve and be able to delivered great service all the time.
We hope You try us again and if you do so pleas let us know when you book and we will add a jug of our great sangria free of charge to your table.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband took me here yesterday, it was superb. Very reasonable prices & fantastic value for money. The food was delicious & very speedy.
Our waitress Romina, was so lovely. She really welcomed us & looked after us so well.
Will definitely be returning! Highly recommended.

Thanks for your review We love to see you again

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I dined at La Tasca last weekend as a group of 15 for my birthday. It all started well, we were taken downstairs and introduced to our waiter. He asked if we wanted to order our drinks together or separately, assuming he meant on separate bills, we said separately. He then disappeared for the majority of the rest of the night. After waiting for a while we assumed we had to get up to the bar to get our drinks from then on, as we'd asked for it to be separate (would have been nice if this was explained...). After this, we waited around for a bit longer, without any menus or any explanation of what was going on. When booking the table, I was told we would need to order off the party menu as it was a big group, which was fine, and I'd said at the time of booking that 14 of us would be ordering the Barcelona party menu and the remaining member of the party would need a gluten free menu. When I asked for a gluten free menu I was informed, quite rudely, that 'we don't have a gluten free menu, I'll get a menu and tell her which ones are gluten free' Thanks... We must have been waiting over half an hour before we were even given menus, even though I'd already told them at the time of booking exactly what we wanted. When we tried to ask about ordering, the waiter/bar man (there was only one guy down there with us most of the time) didn't seem to have a clue what he was talking about, and wasn't able to answer any of our questions. All in all, we were waiting for at least 1 hour and 15 minutes before we saw any food at all, which is simply inexcusable. As well as this, my friend who needed gluten free food had to wait until everyone else's food had arrived before she got hers, which didn't make sense to me - surely bring her's out first rather than her having to wait even longer? When we asked where our food was we were met with a rude response yet again, that it would be out 'in a minute' - where was the apology for our wait? When we arrived we were the only group in the whole downstairs area, they were hardly rushed off their feet.

At no point did a single member of staff apologise for the wait, explain why it was taking so long or even acknowledge the fact we had been waiting well over an hour before receiving any food. Then they had the cheek to add over 10% service charge onto our bill. Following this, we waited so long with the money and bill to explain we weren't paying the service charge that we gave up even waiting to explain and left.

Such a shame because the food (when it finally arrived) was great! I've visited La Tasca in other locations (Manchester, Trafford Centre) and loved it and thought the service was great with everything explained really well. It's a real shame that this visit has put me off visiting again, especially as this was supposed to be a special meal for my 21st birthday. I'm really disappointed and would definitely advise anyone thinking of booking for a large group/celebration to look elsewhere as I doubt you'll be accommodated.