“No Chicken.”
Review of La Tasca Leeds - CLOSED

La Tasca Leeds
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: La Tasca brings the fun of a Spanish Fiesta to your table. A wide range of Tapas and Paellas to choose from with lots of Vegetarian and Gluten Free choices available. A wide range of drinks including a special sangria bar with daily specials available. A great choice for a cosy meal for 2 or a birthday party treat
Leeds, United Kingdom
“No Chicken.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food was nice (the food we could have) as was the beer, what let it down was the fact that there was no chicken so we couldn't have any chicken dishes which left me pretty stuck as I don't eat sea food or pork. I do not think it is acceptable for a restaurant not to have a basic ingredient such as chicken when a lot of the menu is based around chicken, why someone didn't go out and get some was beyond me also.
The menu was not the same as the one on the website, half of the food on the internet wasn't anywhere to be seen on the actual menu in the restaurant. No main meals, fewer tapas to choose from and no desert menu.
I thought the food took very long to arrive and there wasn't enough staff either.
I came with my husband for my birthday and wish we had gone somewhere else, a very disappointing evening, my birthday was ruined.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Leeds
“Good for gluten free”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The food was excellent, for a coeliac, there is plenty of choice and the puddings were wonderful. However, the service was very slow. Although it was a Saturday night, the restaurant wasn't very busy, but we had to wait along time for both our main meal and dessert. The whole meal took over two hours. There was no apology.
With the 20% discount through crossed grain! the meal seemed good value especially as the quality of food was very good. I would go again, but probably only at lunch time

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely food but indifferent service”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

The food was fine, but the service left concerns regarding the billing. The staff appeared to begrudge implementing the special offers that make it such good value.

• Visited February 2014
“Absolutely terrible”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Diabolical customer service. We twice had to complain about mojitos as we were basically given a glass of ice with 3 sips of liquid in. We were given a blank look. I complained about my beetroot, butternut squash and carrot salad. It was basically some diced beetroot and grated carrot in a revolting sauce. There was no butternut squash to be seen. I told the waiter who went to speak to the chef and was then told that is how it comes!!!! How can that be how it comes! I pointed out i was not happy to pay just short of £5 for a couple of spoonfuls of beetroot. Nothing was done about it. Dreadful customer service. Also the garlic bread was stale.

1 Thank MaddyKristina
yorkshire
“Good food and service”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Had a really good night the food was lovely and service quick and friendly would definitely return and take the family

• Visited February 2014