“Sergio”
Review of La Tasca Leeds - CLOSED

La Tasca Leeds
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: La Tasca brings the fun of a Spanish Fiesta to your table. A wide range of Tapas and Paellas to choose from with lots of Vegetarian and Gluten Free choices available. A wide range of drinks including a special sangria bar with daily specials available. A great choice for a cosy meal for 2 or a birthday party treat
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had not been to this restaurant in a few years but my friend and I decided it was exactly what we wanted to eat for lunch that day and so unfortunately had very high and specific hopes as soon as we entered the building. We were greeted by our server Sergio who I must say was in our eyes the PERFECT waiter. From start to finish he was personable, polite, informative and quite clearly a real good guy. The dishes he recommended were spot on and even went as far as to ask the kitchen how they prepared a specific element of a dish for me. I work in a restaurant myself and would love to have guys like Sergio working for me. Great food and outstanding service. Cheers Chefs and Thanks Sergio.

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Haven't been for a couple of years and the food and service on this occasion was very poor. After ordering drinks none of the waiters seemed to want to take our order. Now appetisers as far as I remember are served before the main course. Ordered garlic bread and tomatoes bread to begin as we were pretty hungry. Waited over half an hour ( and only two other tables full in the place) and brought everything out together. What a disappointment. The bread was basically garlic bread with small bowl of tomatoes to spread on yourself. Calamari was sparse...and soggy. The peppers were just mush and the chilli and garlic prawns were nothing like the menu description.the food was bland and sparse compared to what it used to be. Won't be going back again. Very disappointed

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I haven't been here in the last ten years and I remembered the previous visit as been enjoyable so decided to go before attending a concert.We didn't fancy a full-blown three course meal so thought that tapas would be a nice compromise.
The staff were quick to deal with us but it wasn't overly busy.It was only six o'clock on a Saturday evening but there was a nice babble of conversation about the place.Seated straight away and drinks order taken.The menu was sort of your average tapas fare so bread,oil and olives to start.They arrived and were quickly dispatched and three mains ordered,the English version is:- king prawns in batter,potatos in tomato sauce and a spicy beef pasty....all good. The table was quickly cleared and more drinks and tapas ordered.This time we had a tortilla and an order of chicken and chorizo...again tasty.We paid and left.
Summery....the staff were great,attentive and observant.The restaurant was nicely decorated and clean.The food was good but not memorable.
By definition tapas are nibbley,snacky,picky food and that was what we wanted and that was what we got so no complaints but it all seemed kind of forgettable,it's hard to explain how I feel about the food,it did what it said on the tin but it didn't inspire me to go overboard with praise.
All-in-all an ok experience, a perfect place for snacking,conversation and a cold beer.

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Had an evening here with my wife having eaten in La Tasca elsewhere. The staff were incredibly welcoming and attentive. The tapas were tasty and well presented and the atmosphere in the restaurant was brilliant for a midweek evening. Would highly recommend this restaurant! Thank you for a great evening

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Went here with a few Ladies from work and had a great time. The food was good but not excellent but great value for money (£10 for a starter and three taps - special offer) so no complaints from us. The great waiter made the event, when he reciprocated our banter (in an appropriate manner) and answered our questions is a helpful informative way.

Great ambiance and welcoming venue...we liked it