“Great Place”

Arts Cafe Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Arts Cafe Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 1,829 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Quarry Hill
Description: The thriving centre of Leeds may be bursting at the seams with chain bars and big name restaurants but don���t think for a minute there���s no quirky treatments to enjoy. Art���s Caf�� and Bar is the original hip, young Leeds hangout, combining eating, drinking and ��� surprise ��� local art. The bright and sunny interior, painted canary yellow and decked out in vintage-y furniture, is totally relaxed and the sort of place where you can spend a whole afternoon sipping a coffee and talking art, books and life in general. Many do. And during those long, soul searching hours you needn���t go hungry, Art���s offers a full a la carte menu in addition to smaller lunch dishes, which combines ethical dining with full British flavour.
York
“Great Place”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Found this place on tripadvisor and booked a table for a Wednesday evening for a meal with my boyfriend. We booked for 6.45 because I wanted the early bird menu (which is £15 for 3 courses - a real bargain and a wide selection).
Everything about this place was perfect; it's a beautiful building with huge windows and a nice set up. Even though it was light outside when we visited, I imagine it would be beautiful when it's dark outside with the candles lit.
I'm vegetarian and there were plenty of options for me and it was one of the best meals out I've had. My boyfriend had a stake which was cooked beautifully. Every course was fantastic and I was stuffed by the end.
The staff were friendly and the food was quick to come out.
Overall a fantastic evening - very impressed and would like to go again when I'm next in Leeds.

• Visited June 2013

leeds
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I came here last week, I was told it had won the Oliver Award twice so was expecting great and food and was not dissapointed. The food was delicious, I had the mackeral pate to start, and the truffled leeks for mains. Food was quick and I couldnt fault it. Decent prices and great quality. One of two of the waitresses could have been slightly more enthusiastic , however it has not put me off and I will definatley be returning!

“Bones again why”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Been here before really nice place great feel and great staff but had bones in my starter told the waitress and she told the chef was very apologetic and did not charge me for the meal .

Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely little place!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Four of us ate here to celebrate a birthday and found the food to be really tasty and the customer service to be good.

Good value for money and will return.

“Scrummy Sunday Lunch!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

A must eat place in Leeds! It is only small though so I would say a booking is a must to avoid any disappointment!

Went for Sunday lunch with the family and it was lush! All totally homemade and the Yorkshire pudding was HUGE! Extra gravy came to! Always a bonus! Great value too! Other various dishes were coming out of the kitchen too and they looked equally as good! The sticky toffee pudding was the best I have ever had and I have had a few!

Great feel to the place and the staff were really friendly, couldn't fault the service at all.

Will certainly be back before long!