“Good food, cant have a nice table if just 2 of you :-(”
Review of Little Tokyo

Little Tokyo
Ranked #295 of 1,952 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Description: Hello there! Welcome to Little Tokyo, we are an family run restaurant that have been established for over 17 years! We hope to provide you with a nice atmosphere, that you can relax, chat and enjoy yourselves over tasty food and drinks! Please do pop in for a visit and enjoy the candle night evenings :) Hope to see you soon! Little Tokyo
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Always good food, staff a little cool with you, cant get the nice tables unless a group of you (even when quiet). Personally I think its a little pricey.

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Just left Little Tokyo after having terrible food and service at a family afternoon lunch.

Have been going there for over 10 years but it has definitely gone down hill and nowhere near as good as it used to be.

Chicken curry was so salty it was inedible, even the boiled rice was salty! The fried chicken was also very oily and not crispy at all.

The 'special' ramen noodle soup was also terrible and not at all special. The fish cakes tasted just wrong as if slightly off (i have a lot of asian food experience and they were not good quality) and when I complained was told "that's just the way they are" and was refused a change of meal, the best I got was a plate to take them out and put onto.

My daughter liked her fried chicken noodles (hooray) but an additional £4 for 5 very small Chinese supermarket bought spring rolls is a bit much.

As we left we asked to speak to the manager to give him some feedback but were told "we don't have a manager, but you can try the owner on his mobile if you want". That just summed it up, no manager checking the quality of food and service at lunch time on a Saturday is a first for me!

2  Thank Marymongomidge
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Went in to order a small lunch of dumplings and tempura, the waiter asked if I was eating inside or outside, and because the sun was shining (mildly) I thought i'd eat outside. I waited inside for my order to be brought to me and then took it outside and seated myself at one of there outside tables. Half way through my first fairly bland dumpling, the waiter came outside and told me I had to leave their seating area because I had requested to eat out of the restaurant. I explained to him that he hadn't asked me if I was eating in or taking away, he had just asked me if I was inside or outside so I had just misunderstood his question. He repeated that I had to leave, so I asked him why this was. He told me that my order would have been more expensive had he known I was going to sit at one of their outdoor tables. I told him that was no trouble, could I please just pay the difference so that I could stay where I was. He went inside to speak to his manager, came back and told me the difference would be £0.50, however his manager wouldn't give me the option to stay as I had apparently 'already made my choice.' Considering I was a paying customer this was unbelievably rude, not to mention that I was 7 months pregnant and had to eat my lunch standing up further down the street.I advise people to eat else where if they want to receive friendly service.

2  Thank KatyRose2603
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I've eaten in at Little Tokyo a few times before and it's always been a fantastic place to visit. While the service isn't the speediest (so maybe not the best if you're in a rush) the staff are all very polite and friendly and it's a great atmosphere in there. The sushi is delicious and the portions are really generous. Bento boxes are also a great option.

I've also ordered takeaway sushi a few times which has been fantastic and is always ready when I get there to collect it.

Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Dim sum is to die for. Bento boxes are great. Not sure if they still do it, but the fight performances are fun. Service can be very slow at times but if you're willing to look past that it's a great little place serving cuisine that we don't have enough of in Leeds.