“Decorate”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Description: Hello there! Welcome to Little Tokyo, we are an family run restaurant that have been established for over 17 years! We hope to provide you with a nice atmosphere, that you can relax, chat and enjoy yourselves over tasty food and drinks! Please do pop in for a visit and enjoy the candle night evenings :) Hope to see you soon! Little Tokyo
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We used to come here to eat quite regularly some years ago so my partner and I made a return visit last week.Everything looked exactly the same,which is fine as regards the set up but the decor is in desperate need of a revamp and the raggy cloth on the chairs does not look good as seat coveringIt is very low lighting but you can still see it has'nt been decorated for a long time .As with some of the previous comments we also felt a bit sorry for the fish,too big and too many for one pond.The food was as good as ever though,we had the mixed starter(spring rolls,ribs,dim sum,tempura and prawn crackers) and that was all very tasty,followed by the vegetarian yaki soba,the waiter kindly commented that the starter did include meat as he wondered why we chose vegetarian main dishes and was worried we had made a mistake.We did have to remind a passing waitress that our two glasses of water we had ordered had not arrived.Unfortunately we were both too full after the wonderfully generous portions to manage the japanese profiteroles for dessert so had to give those a miss.I would still be happy to go back but it really does need "doing up"

1  Thank toptrougher

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I lived in Leeds for four years and ate out a lot. In the end, we also went back to Little Tokyo and Viva Cuba for delicious food, great atmosphere and something a little bit different.

Little Tokyo is neither super fancy nor downtrodden, it is a smart restaurant where you don't have to be fancy.

The price point is great, and they also have a take away service which my husband has made use to on business trips to Leeds, seeing as there's nothing like in Manchester where we now live!

The food... just delicious, and consistently so. I can't tell you how many times i've eaten here, and it never disappoints. I don't know how authentic it is, but the food is fresh, full of good things, with no rubbish, msg or horrible sauces etc. Really filling and satisfying, whilst actually feeling healthy!

Anytime i'm in Leeds I would go back here in a flash!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We visited on a Saturday evening, it was already busy at 7pm, we were served very quickly and the food was delicious. We had sushi and a steak both which were excellent. As it got busier throughout the evening the service became slower and the waitress forgot our drinks order. It doesn't help that only certain waitresses are allowed to take orders! I would also agree with the previous review that the fish in the entrance is not a nice sight....a tiny pond overcrowded with massive fish..

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The food was quite nice but nothing special for the price, and you don't get much at all. It was also a little sad seeing those poor fish stuck in little shallow ponds in the middle of the restaurant.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

When little Tokyo opened many years ago it was sensational ......
What has happened I don't know, but what a shame. We used to go all the time, a couple of years ago it became mediocre, after a long break we thought we'd give it a go again hoping it would be reminiscent of its heyday but we were so wrong. We were sat next to an awful loud party and the atmosphere was unpleasant, the service was rushed and unfriendly, the starters were cold, the main tempura was cold and my aubergine was practically raw and the staff kept trying to clear our food away while we were still eating. I consider it to be expensive and a waste of time and money, if you want a pleasant meal out I would not advise yo go here!

1  Thank Alexa R