“Enjoy eating here”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Description: Hello there! Welcome to Little Tokyo, we are an family run restaurant that have been established for over 17 years! We hope to provide you with a nice atmosphere, that you can relax, chat and enjoy yourselves over tasty food and drinks! Please do pop in for a visit and enjoy the candle night evenings :) Hope to see you soon! Little Tokyo
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This place is lovely has a very authentic feel to it. Food is very good not incredible but still very enjoyable and is relative to the price. Service isn't amazing however the whole experience makes up for it. I'm a big regular and think its a lovely little cheap spot to eat

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I love Little Tokyo, I've been eating here for years, so I'm going to give it 4*. If it were based on my first 3 or 4 visits I'd vote it 5*, but I'm sad to say the service has steadily declined over the years. :-(
The menu choice and food quality is quite simply excellent, (although I cannot comment on the Sushi as I'm not the biggest fan of Sushi) and the Bento Box meals are quite simply tremendous!
the decor is lovely with an Eastern Asian underground garden type feel with beautifully crafted wooden furniture and many an aquarium and pond.
However, the service was incredibly thin on the ground, slow and aloof... (all 12 of our party were waiting in the cramped foyer for about 15mins before we were greeted!?) Until they wanted to close and were making it clear they wanted us to leave!?
SUCH A SHAME! I love this place! Sort out the Service!!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I visited after work for a quick bite based on word of mouth - I was sorely disappointed with the quality of the dishes. Teriyaki sauce was far too sweet, sauce was watery and the rice used was not Japanese. I took several teaspoons and called time on this meal. This tasted rather like a poor quality chinese meal, definitely not authentic!

I would suggest people to seek other restaurants nearby to avoid disappointment.

2  Thank Chrissierulz
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Visited on a Saturday night with my wife and 2 friends. Interesting comments regarding service as we thought it was excellent. We ordered drinks and food at the same time and the drinks arrived within 30 seconds! Bento boxes were great with a wide choice. Our friends had udon noodles which they both enjoyed. Give it a go!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Another trip to Little Tokyo proved again to be a satisfying experience as far as the food was concerned and everything we ordered was full of flavour and very tasty. There is still a great deal of choice for vegetarians seldom seen in many other restaurants and the quality of these dishes is very good.

This was the secont time in two visits I have ordered a Bento box for my main course (Fish Balls) and although very tasty, the salad garnish was a little strange, consisting frisee lettuce and thickly sliced cucumber in a watery dressing. Not very Japanese but it did give a little refreshment.

Service on this visit was where the restaurant let itself down. I don't expect to have the waiting staff buzzing around constantly asking how things are but I do expect to be able to order drinks at the beginning of the meal. After being seated and wanting to order drinks we had to call one of the waitresses over who then told us she couldn't do this and would get her colleague to do so.

We ordered our food and to be fair, it came out in good time. Clearing the table was also very efficient but again trying to pay the bill took a little too long. It appears to me that if all of the waiting staff were allowed to take orders there would be much more fluidity.

Little Tokyo is a small relaxed restaurant serving good food and I have yet to visit on a busy night and I'm pretty sure I will keep to quieter times when the food will probably be consistently well made.