“Worth a visit”
Review of Little Tokyo

Little Tokyo
Ranked #247 of 1,829 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

The mixed starter was okay, mostly deep fried. The bento box with beef tepenyaki was lovely. The salad dressing lush, dipping soy sauce great. The vegetable tempura was nice but I just couldn't face it after the fried starter. The beef wasn't chewy but was a little cold on arrival. Overall a nice experience.
The surroundings were lovely with the water feature containing fishies! Staff weren't very friendly and didn't even manage to say thankyou or bye after paying the bill and leaving the restaurant

Lee, United Kingdom
“A favourite of ours”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We've never had a bad experience here, between us we have tried at least 90% of the menu over dozens of visits in the past 6-7 years. We've eaten here for Birthdays, Anniversarys and just for pay day treats.

Everything always tastes fresh, the service is always good (a little bit slow on the weekends, but you can't complain as the restaurant is always packed out.) and the drinks are lovely!

I'd thoroughly recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Mikiki_5262
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Still able to please!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Little Tokyo and I go way back. We’re old and firm friends and I have spent many an enjoyable evening in here with friends, significant others and colleagues. I have been there when it was nothing but a tiny restaurant crammed with tables, been impressed when they expanded next door and got a pool for the fish complete with a bridge and amazed when downstairs was opened up complete with floor level tables.

I order the same food pretty much every time I come here and I never fail to enjoy it. This visit was no exception. I shared the Gyoza and the Dim Sum Sui Mai with my friends and had the Vegan Chicken Terikayi Bento Box (my other choices are Prawn Crystal Dumplings or Vegetarian Chicken Legs for starter and Saba Teriyaki Bento or Yaki Udon for main).

The Gyoza are the best anywhere. Giant, meaty, juicy and full of flavour – careful though they are hot! And the Sui Mai are wonderful and fragrant with a most delicious chilli sauce.
The Vegan Chicken Teriyaki Box set was just what I expected. A generous portion of salad – with a salad dressing I could drink (and they sell it by the bottle), Vegetable Tempura which is light and crisp (although I don’t like the broccoli) and goes perfectly with the soy sauce, a good helping of the ‘chicken’ and a delicious sauce – I can’t describe the flavour but it is one I love and come back to time and time again. And rice, nothing special about the rice, it’s just rice.

I couldn’t eat it all – but my friends helped me out!!

It came to a very reasonable £25 a head for a starter and a main course and a large glass of wine.

Little Tokyo has been a favourite of mine for the best part of 14 years. It’s starting to look a little tired, but then I too have aged. And with the best of friends you don’t love them any less for it.

• Visited March 2013
North East
“Not my kind of food”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Maybe I shouldn't be writing this review as Japanese food is really not for me.We went there as a family to celebrate a birthday and were seated downstairs.The table and seats were very low,and I found them very difficult,both getting in and getting out.I had a starter of vegetable spring rolls with a very nice dipping sauce,but my Bento box of fried king prawns was a disappointment,and i left most of it.I couldn't work out what most of the items were even after tasting.The salad was spoiled for me because it was soggy with dressing,which was a shame as it looked lovely.This was my second Japanese meal,but i'm afraid it will be my last.

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Won't go again”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went last night .service was poor . I sent the chicken curry back because it was saturated with so much salt no one on our table could eat it , I was told that's how it is like it or lump it . Don't recomend anyone to go here

1 Thank georgeandlou