“Good food, great value”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Visited for lunch with friends and found the menu offers a good selection of sandwiches, paninis, salads, pizzas and mexican meals.

Personally I ordered the mexican chicken buritto and salad which was delicious. I also sampled some pizza which had a proper Italian cripsy base and was the best pizza I had tasted in a long time.

As the name suggests Dare is a cafe so don't expect plush surroundings. Also the food took a while arriving (but was the well worth the wait).

The best bit is their lunchtime offer of £5.95 for main meal and non alcoholic drink which makes it great value.

Shame I don't live locally as I would be back more often.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

What a fab restaurant! Cheap food and great quality. So many different choices and we go reguarly. Would highly recommend to anyone living in the local area who likes good mexican food.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

I irdered a simple bacon & mushroom sandwich with red sauce. After half an hour still no sandwich so I got up and asked how long it was going to be. I waited another 5 minutes. The sandwich was ok, no butter on the bread, mushrooms in just one half, one sachet of ketchup to the side. when I asked for more ketchup the waitress forgot so I had to ask again. When I paid I had been charged an extra 75p for the mushrooms. So overall, pretty poor ~ it's not difficult to make a bacon sandwich!

Reviewed March 22, 2012

I have eaten in Dare many times over the last six years and have always thoroughly enjoyed the food. The portions are perfect and excellent value for money.

The bar area downstairs is also nice if you fancy a cocktail after your meal.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Delicious food and very generous portions! Has a 241 on main courses for the early bird which is well worth catching. The mexican mains are fab, but the menu has lots of variety! Only small though, so worth booking. Cute little bar well hidden downstairs to have a beer afterwards!