“Average food, horrendous service”
Review of Dos Amigos

Dos Amigos
Ranked #299 of 1,871 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
“Average food, horrendous service”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I came here for my grandmothers 87th birthday and our table was booked for 6pm. We were a party of about 12 people and four ordered the paella. We waited for over two hours for our main meals to be served resulting in some of our party leaving early because of small children. We made several comments to the waiting staff about the length of time we had been waiting. When the bill arrived no discount had been made despite this being now three hours from when we first arrived. When I asked if something could be taken from the bill the female owner came over to our table and informed us that it was out fault as we had ordered the paella and were ten minutes late to take up our table. Never before have I been spoken to in such a way when making a complaint. It was not about the bill total simply the principal that we had been kept waiting for so long and a birthday had been ruined. The attitude of the owner was to say the least shocking and I can safely say there is nothing that could ever tempt me back to this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Beanadetto

Leeds, United Kingdom
“A smashing little piece of Spain in Kirkstall, Leeds”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We have lived locally for many years and have always driven past this restaurant promising ourselves that we would try it one day. Finally that day arrived last week and left us regretting that we hadn't gone there sooner!! It is a very small restaurant and there were only two other tables occupied when we went in so it was a very quiet night and, therefore, a bit lacking in atmosphere. However, the service was very attentive and the food was delicious. We will definitely be returning soon.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Mike D
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Wonderful little restaurant with amazing food and service!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Went on Saturday 4th May with my boyfriend just after 7pm, sadly missed the 3 4 2 offer. Got a table straight away and service was perfect not over the top but there when we needed them. We ordered 5 tapas each where fantastic and the flavour where amazing, you could tell everything was fresh. We had 2 seafood courses and 2 meat courses- All cooked to perfection. Only thing what wasn't good was not a lot of food and I was still hungry when we left. The king size prawns where fab but only 5. As we where both still hungry after our mains we both had desserts! We had to!!!! My boyfriend had a Baileys cheesecake and he said it was the best cheesecake he ever had- it was really good. I had the abroetto cake and it tasted amazing. Presentation of the food and the restaurant was brilliant. Almost forgot where we were. The meal cost £50 that included 3 alcoholic drinks, not cheap but when the food and drink tastes this good it doesn't matter! Thats why i gave it score of 3, food quality was a 5. I've paid nearly as much at other places and the service and food was processed rubbish.

• Visited May 2013
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Muy bien...”
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

This is one of our favourite venues when not in Spain. No, it's not spanish, it is Kirkstall but it does a bloody good job and reminds us why we love Spain so much!

We ordered 7 mixed tapas plus bread and two diet cokes each and it came to £45 which I thought was good value. There were a couple of missing items off the menu, the mixed spanish cheeses and the pollo croquettes, which we replaced with the manchago and the stuffed peppers which were amazing.

I really wish we could go more but we live in Wakefield and have twins so getting a sitter is tough enough! We were in and out of the restaurant in under an hour after having reserved a table. Good food, good service and reasonable value, could be a tad cheaper maybe.

Visited April 2013
Leeds
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and i love it here, the food is great and the service and help very good, sadly there is very little room inside, but don't let that stop you going - we love it and will be back again soon.

• Visited January 2013