“Best tapas I have ever had”
Review of Sandinista! Cantina Bar - CLOSED

Sandinista! Cantina Bar
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Inspired by a love for music, food, drinks and Latin culture with the maxim ‘nuestra casa es tu casa’ – our home is your home.And as the Eagles sang...“you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave” MusicMusic is our passion and Joe Strummer is at our heart. The Clash inspired us to name our bar after their 4th album ‘Sandinista’. We play an eclectic mix that covers rock, indie, funk, soul, reggae, 80’s and more. Central American CultureSandinista!s revolutionary theme is influenced by the political movement in Nicaragua - The Sandinista National Liberation Front . They liberated Nicaragua with an oppressive right-wing regime in 1979 to 1990. The Central American influence is carried throughout the Latin inspired food and drink menu as well as the décor. Rock ‘n’ Roll and Food For the Soul“It’s more fun to eat in a bar then drink in a restaurant”Our menu focuses on simplicity and sharing. Choose from ‘Pots, Pans or Cans’... or sharing boards. Prepared using only the freshest ingredients, our dishes embody Sandinista’s Latin inspired food ethos. Simple great tasting cuising that reflects the culture it was born out of.Drinks (open every day till 3am)Why did the Mexican push his wife off the cliff? Tequila!!!! Sandinista!'s impressively stocked bar offers an impressive range of cocktails from the four corners of the globe, our top sellers being fruity, tangy twists on Mojitos, Daiquiris, Mai Tais, Margaritas and Juleps. Our back bar boasts an array of quality tequilas, rums and spirits with a fine selection of craft beers.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Best tapas I have ever had”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

After recently having a disappointing tapas meal elsewhere, I was very anxious about visiting Sandinista... and i was very pleasantly surprised! Gorgeous tapas, too much to choose from, very authentic furnishing and a lovely atmosphere! I will be back!

• Visited June 2013
Sandinista_manager, Manager at Sandinista! Cantina Bar, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
luveatnsleep,
Thanks for your lovely comments,
I'm glad you enjoyed our tapas after a disappointing experience elsewhere. We are very proud of our full Spanish kitchen team!
Let me know when you are coming back (k.johnson@sandinista.co.uk) & I'll get you a beer on us!

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Great find”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Had a pre theatre dinner last week at Sandinista. Lovely food, attentive staff and 20% discount because were going to the theatre. If you are going to the Grand Theatre then think about this Tapas bar you won't be disappointed, will be definitely going back, thanks.

Visited June 2013
Dear Gerry L,
Thanks for your lovely comments,
I'm glad you enjoyed our pre-theatre deal! and I hope you enjoyed your trip to the theatre!
Leeds
“Great pre- theatre food”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This place is perfect for a quick drink and bite to eat before the theatre and there's a 20% discount for anybody going to any gig as well! My daughter and I had arranged to meet friends there and were greeted by friendly and efficient service. We snacked on the delicious olives and bread until the others arrived and then thoroughly enjoyed the array of meat, fish and veggie tapas before steeping across the road to the Grand. Perfect!

• Visited June 2013
Sandinista_manager, Manager at Sandinista! Cantina Bar, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Hi WalkwiththeDog ,
Thanks for your lovely comments,
We are so excited about our new menu so it's great to hear such positive feedback.
You obviously know your Spanish tapas! And we are very proud of our full Spanish kitchen team.
macclesfield
“poor”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

been to many tapas bars and restaurants and this for poor service and quality of food was by far the worst tapas in leeds .advertises has a spanish bar but plays heavy rock music sorry very very disapointed thats why i am writing this!!

• Visited June 2013
Sandinista_manager, Manager at Sandinista! Cantina Bar, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Hi martack51,
Thanks for taking the time to write your feedback.
I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience at Sandinista!
We take all feedback very seriously. I'd really like to discuss this further so that I can resolve any issues. I'd also love to invite you back & I hope that you have a much better experience.
I shall update our Trip Advisor profile now to include our music policy. This is all on our website, but thank you for flagging this as it isn't clearly stated on our profile here, just on one of the photographs.
As I say, I'd really appreciate it if your got in touch with me to discuss this further (k.johnson@sandinista.co.uk)
Many thanks,
Huddersfield
“Brilliant start for a 'neet a' culture”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Renewed faith in UK tapas; yes there was patatas bravas and yes gambas but you can also have the wild mushrooms, rabbit, wonderfully fatty bits of pork on lentils, white beans, chick peas; dishes put up as dish of the day that could conceivably have been cooked fresh rather than defrosted on the way back from Costco! They all tasted different but were all of high quality. Good advice from the helpful staff on quantities and the 20% off with valid theatre ticket all contributed to a splendid meal. The adjacent car park is free after 6 p.m., but I would recommend booking for 5.30, paying for half an hour and chill until typical curtains up at 7.30- it's a plan I For couples try ordering two dishes at a time with a 10 minute gap- possibly keeps the food hot?

• Visited May 2013
Sandinista_manager, Manager at Sandinista! Cantina Bar, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Hi Mike L,