“Nice Ale and a Good Atmosphere”

Whitelocks Ale House
Ranked #111 of 1,950 Restaurants in Leeds
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

A really nice traditional unspoiled city centre bar with a great selection of beers and a good mixture of clientele of all ages - which is what makes a good pub - what more can I say!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Called in today for Sunday lunch when dropping my daughter back off at Uni.
She had been before and recommended it. She has never given as good a recommendation!
The service was simple and unfussy but also attentive and helpful. The food was excellent! In my view a test of pub/restaurant grub is how they serve the veg. The veg here was cooked perfectly and simply - roasted beetroot!
The ale was nice - the daughter led the test on that!
Highly recommended on this visit!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Wow. What a service. I booked a table for tonight a few days ago. When I arrived, the staff realised there had been a problem with bookings and the table was not reserved. Most pubs would simply have apologised but Whitelocks went much further, A table was arranged despite the pub being full and hectic and the 3 of us who had arrived on time were given a free drink.

Two of us ate. We both went for the beef and ale pie. The pies were lovely, tasty, moist with lovely chunks of meat. The pie cover was nice too. The chips served on the side as chunky as they can be and the portion of green peas huge.

The beer I went for was an Old Peculier. It was just grand and I was sorry I could not enjoy another one!

The ambiance was great. The pub was packed, They did play music but at a level that was drowned by conversation where some pubs like to kill the conversation by playing the music louder.

This pub is definitely worth a visit, and more!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

If you had a visitor from abroad and wanted to show them a great,traditional British pub then this is where you should bring them.
Others here have described the wonderful decor and great food (I had one of the tastiest Beef and Ale Pies on the planet) but it was the sheer atmosphere of the place that impressed me.I instantly felt at home and at ease.
A great place to drink a lot of beer and eat a lot of food.

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Had to stand a little while to wait for table but pleased we did.... Our group sampled Whitelocks burgers, ham hock stew and the beef&ale pie.... What can I say other than AMAZING!