“Sadly stopped trading Jan 2014”
Review of La Grillade - CLOSED

La Grillade
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Sadly stopped trading Jan 2014”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I've eaten here many times over the years and have always been totally satisfied, indeed La Grillade has probably been my favourite Leeds restaurant especially for special occasions. I wanted to book a table for my wives birthday in January but after a couple of days of not getting any reply on the phone I googled and found out that the restaurant closed just after the New Year.
Great shame.
Just posting this so that prospective diners are aware that currently no La Grillade!

• Visited October 2013

“Great steak, good atmoshphere and excellent venue”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Went as a couple back in November and shared a rib of beef which was cooked exactly how we requested. The steak came with ample sides. I usually eat in Sous le nez but this was just as good. I read some previous reviews that the service was poor but I found the staff welcoming and attentive. Excellent venue also.

I recommend a visit if you have never been.

• Visited November 2013
York, United Kingdom
“What a Difference & Surprise...Decent Christmas Meal in Leeds”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We had our annual Christmas get together and opted for Leeds this year, having never been to La Grillade I was expecting the typical overpriced, fixed menu poor quality food that a lot of the Leeds restaurants offer in December.

It was great when we walked in, although took a bit of finding as you go through a side door and head downstairs. The restaurant has a great feel to it and we were greeted by someone who appeared to be the owner and clearly knew what he was talking about. We had great pre dinner drinks in a relaxed atmosphere and then headed through to our delightful table. Food and Wine was top notch and a thoroughly enjoyable evening in great company, great atmosphere and fab service.

• Visited December 2013
Leeds
“Lovely food and atmosphere”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We went as a couple around 3 weeks ago. Its very unassuming from the outside but is quite intimate once seated. We had different starters, but both had the steak for main. It was beautiful and perfectly cooked. The wine was fantastic too, in fact we had a second bottle. The only negative would be that the waitress was unsure of the specials and had to go back and check, I'm guessing she was new. Overall a fantastic experience and would go again.

• Visited November 2013
North Lincolnshire
“A good steak, nice atmosphere and a great cheeseboard”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My girlfriend and I ate here last Saturday night. There is quite a steep staircase to get down to the restaurant but once there, it was worth it. The bar service was good, and there was a very nice atmosphere inside the restaurant. We had entrecôte steak and it was very good. The only disappointment were the French fries. It would have been nice if there was another option. The waitress was first class and although we didn't actually have the cheeseboard, (we were too full), our table neighbours did, and it looked fabulous. Definitely worth a visit and we would go back again.

Visited December 2013