“Lovely food and service”

Bibis Italianissimo
Ranked #191 of 1,966 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Holbeck
Description: Bibis Italianissimo is an iconic and authentic Italian Restaurant and Cocktail Bar with an unrivalled reputation for serving authentic Italian cuisine and providing live entertainment in a truly stunning venue.
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We booked a table for 830 but as things were we were running late. We rang to let them know.
We were accommodated no problem despite being over 30 minutes late.
The restaurant was busy with lots of large parties and couples.
We were sat near the kitchen.
Food was fabulous, service was pretty good. We had sharing starter and a main (pigeon and a fish dish)
We enjoyed our food and will definitely return.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,915)

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

I have been to Bibi's quite often for their tribute nights, and it's always been really good. But last night, the service really suffered.

As soon as we sat down, we were asked if we would like a glass of prosecco to start off the evening, we accepted, as we were celebrating a birthday after all, but on reflection I should have asked how much, as when the bill came, it was over £30!! So don't be lured into this next time! We seemed to be waiting ages for our courses. There was an hour gap between our starter and main, and we were still eating when the entertainment started, which was a bit awkward as all other tables were on their coffee or had finished completely, and had started dancing etc. We weren't even offered coffee or desserts!

The bill arrived and we didn't even bother paying the 10% service charge they add on automatically. We tried to get someone's attention but no waiting staff were around

We would visit again, purely for the tributes

1  Thank Pinkloz
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I've lived in Leeds many years now but this was my first visit. Classic pre war decor with an extensive menu to boot. I liked the bar in the centre and open kitchens at the back.

I had olives and Bread to start, duck with grapefruit as a main (the spinach was a little bitter for me and needed more salt) and some veg. The flavours were complex but not too heavy. For after I had some petit fours and limoncello.

Giuseppe and his team provided great service and although big, I found there to be an intimate atmosphere. I wouldn't fancy eating on the stage area though.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I'd always wanted to try this place as it looks so exciting from the outside, but when you're in you feel a bit like you've been transported back to the '70's - at first you go with it and it seems fun, but when there's so much glass wall in the loos you lose all special awareness it gets tiring.

The tables for two are all very close together, so despite telling the restaurant when I booked that this would be our engagement anniversary meal, I felt like we were sat on top of two other couples.

Food wise - my partners ribs were fine, but my terrine was dry and covered in a hard layer of congealed fat, I to which the pistachio nuts I'd been promised we're lodged. This was accompanied by a dressing free salad and dry bread. Not great. I was already unimpressed as I'd wanted the scallops and the pheasant but neither were available.

The mains were good - Bibi's can do meat - the venison I ended up with was perfectly cooked as was my partners steak, however there were no vegetables and the potato side was very greasy as were the steak chips.

The waiter was also a revelation. It took him three attempts to take our order, at which point I commented to my partner that it looked like he was on a bit of a comedown he was that spaced. His creepy smiles were also unappreciated.

This was fine as we had a different waiter every five minutes, and while the starters came suspiciously quickly, we had to wait 20 minutes for our dessert orders to be taken after the waitress walked past about five times. It turned out that purposeful staring was the only thing that would do the trick.

For desert, my partner had the chocolatissimo which was fine but nothing exotic, and I had the dark chocolate mousse with a mouse sized portion of cherry ice cream which tasted like cheap bubblegum.

I really wouldn't be so scathing about this place if it didn't cost a fortune. Go to Dish for fine dining - or for bland Italian fare anywhere that does the same level of food and service for about a third of the price. There are plenty of these places in Leeds.

Having said all this the Barman was great, perfect manners and the best g&t I've had in a while. Keep hold of him.

1  Thank Thirteenoclock
Reviewed February 16, 2014

22 of us booked for a birthday party lunch. Salmon and Avocado salad came without Avocado - chef said they were delivered under ripe but no communication when ordering. Salad a bit dry - needed a dressing. Steak sandwich - no choice of how well done. coffee pot - coffee tepid had to be sent back - All other meals seemed ok prices not too steep.
good atmosphere although waiters stood chatting on a couple off occasions and took a while to catch their attention